Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

PC censorship   Science

Started Apr-5 by Harold27Z; 537 views.
Harold27Z

Apr-5

The links below have a left-side panel where you can select various Encyclopedia Britannica editions eg 8,9 or 10.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Encyclopaedia-Britannica-English-language-reference-work/Eighth-edition#ref301340

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Encyclopaedia-Britannica-English-language-reference-work/Tenth-edition

BUT selecting the 9th Edition will NOT bring up the 9th Edition info because it is no longer PC.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

I think that comment flies past the realm "No longer PC" and lands face first in ignorant bigot country.

Harold27Z

Apr-6

So if the Encyclopedia Britannica 9th Edition (1984) was bigoted and  incorrect then you can prove it by listing unifreckle inventions in your house.  No need to burden Google search engines.

• Edited April 6, 2020 8:04 am  by  Harold27Z
BerrySteph

Apr-6

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

I think that comment flies past the realm "No longer PC" and lands face first in ignorant bigot country.

I find it amusing to have a pantomime bigot in here.

He's clearly nowhere near as malicious as Adwil - nor as unpleasant with his "truth" as BM is with his "truth".

In fact, since he's in a sort-of beleagured minority I'd almost say he was an asset.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Things invented by black people:

Harold27Z

Apr-7

Rubbish.  Those inventions did not come from full-blooded pedigree suntans in their own native environments without civilized sponsorship and equipment.

At "best" most of not all above are quadroons with a mild touch of the tar-brush.  Alas, in the US, suntans have 1/4 liberal blood.

I reckon most were minor modifications of existing inventions, as in the case of the traffic light which already existed in England.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Typical bigot.

When faced with overwhelming evidence contrary to your preconceived notions, just dig your heels in and be more of an insufferable fuckwit.

Harold27Z

Apr-8

Surprise, surprise, not a single African name among your list, which brings us back to the tar-brush. 

Indeed, even your beloved Mandela came from a shipwrecked sailor named Mandel.  Mandela is NOT a native surname.  His co-sailor washed up on the same beach and was the non-great granddad of Bantu Holomisa (leader of UDM - United Democratic Movement).

Natives tend to amend names to fit their tongues.  I suspect the same happens in Australia.

BerrySteph

Apr-8

Harold27Z said:

At "best" most of not all above are quadroons with a mild touch of the tar-brush.

So why did the racists of the US paint them black according to the "one-drop" rule?

As remained in law until 1969 - and still requires (2019 figure) Americans to declare their "race" on their marriage certificate in 21 states? 

Answer, American racism (same as your racism) has/had absolutely nothing to do with real differences but is everything to do with enslaving the untermensch.

Incidentally, Hitler's rules on Mischling were much less onerous that either American or South African laws. And were over-ruled constantly.

This from an elderly lady (born 1937) who met a lot of Nazis in the Far East where they'd fled after WW2.

Many Jews in the SS.  Hitlers favorite chef was Jewish, which Himmler used to whine about and Adolf fixed by Aryanizing the entire family. Actually note to Hermann to do so as Hermann (the party animal) was in charge of keeping sponsors sponsoring.  It probably made his day to step on (up tight) Himmler's toes.

Many similar accounts - Dieter Heymann makes this comment at a Richard Silverstein article:

June 3, 2016 - Here are four facts known to me which illustrate the insane fickleness of the Nazi treatment of German Jews. In 1939 when my father was in Buchenwald both as a Jew and a Political Prisoner efforts were made to release him provided that he would move with us to Bogota (and never return to Europe). I had started learning Spanish. It almost succeeded but was thwarted by the start of WW2 in that year. He survived Auschwitz-Monowitz, then Buchenwald again.

In late 1944 one of the Jewish friends we had saved from arrest in occupied Amsterdam who had managed to escape earlier across the Pyrenees to Spain boarded a ship in Malaga with many other Jews. That unprotected ship sailed unmolested to Haifa because Hitler had promised Franco and the Allies that his navy and air force in the Mediterranean would not try to sink that ship. It was not the only transport to Haifa of that kind. At least one ship came from Greece.

Hitler had authorized himself to “aryanize” persons with up to four Jewish grandparents. He did that if he needed them. Among the new aryans were at least six Generals. Helmut Wilberg (Air Force), Werner Maltzahn (Army), Bernhard Rogge (Navy), Erhard Milch (Air Force; Field Marshal; organized Stalingrad relief), Johannes Zuckertort (Army), Karl Zuckertort (Army).

Until the German stall at Moscow boys with one or two Jewish grandparents were obliged to served in the Wehrmacht even if their mother was a Jewish woman. After “Moscow” they were placed in the reserves. The numbers were not small. Estimated: about 200,000 had served. (B. M. Rigg, Hitler’s Jewish Soldiers).

Himmler did not agree because he considered all persons with even one Jewish grandparent to be a serious danger to the German “Volk”. https://www.richardsilverstein.com/2016/05/27/adolf-eichmann-if-i-were-a-jew-id-be-a-fanatical-zionist/

Of course, you don't accept all this talk of the "Volk" - do you?