Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Okay, Karen   General Confusion

Started May-18 by ElDotardo; 8288 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Sep-17

I'm curious as to the perceived "hysteria" you think I am steeped in.

If Trump wins my overwhelming feeling will be sorrow and regret.

Not for me, but for the US.

The violence currently plaguing the country will get steadily worse.

America will officially pull out of the Paris Climate Agreement, affecting us all.

The stupid, pointless wall will further entrench the country in isolationism.

More allies will fall away and look elsewhere.

America's standing in the world will plummet even further than it has.

But mostly I will look at the American people who endured four years of this insanity and learned nothing, while shaking my head.

The rest of the world will adapt and move on.

And we will look at what the US has degenerated into with pity.

Empires come and go.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Sep-17

I'll give you a leader who is an international embarrassment, but as far as I know you're not on fire... so there's that.

katiek2

Sep-17

This is such a piece of bullshit!  Cops in schools certainly didn't become the norm with "black migration" .  The first SRO assigned to a school was a program in Flint Michigan in the 1950's.   Is that when the "great migration" started?  There were NO cops in school when I went to school; there were NO cops in school when my kids went to school.  I personally was horrified when I visited my old high school, and found chainlink fencing all around it.  I had already seen that in California by the time my kids graduated from high school, but never expected to see it in the rural school I graduated from.  But then, we didn't have gangbangers ganging up on each other, or harrassing and bullying anyone not in a gang, either.  It simply wasn't tolerated.  

I ask you to read the linked article.  https://txssc.txstate.edu/topics/law-enforcement/articles/brief-history

If you don't care to do that (it is a long article), please do some more research.  The video you shared is completely biased and one-sided.

You might find this graph interesting:

slackerx

Sep-17

And, you wonder why I call them "cockroaches"?

Because of your psychological need to dehumanize people. 

It's part of your violent sniper mentality.

To justify the mass murder and carpetbombing of your fellow human beings.

SQUADDYB

Sep-17

>>After the shooting several bystanders who witnessed the ambush filmed themselves laughing and mocking the ambushed deputies.<<

Well, I could think of some far worst names to call the scum, is there reason you couldn't?

In all honesty, Cockroaches, was being civil!!!!

slackerx

Sep-17

Don't you have somebody to carpetbomb, SniperBoy?

We're going to take away your guns, SniperBoy.

Then you won't be able to threaten anybody with them anymore.

• Edited September 17, 2020 6:45 pm  by  slackerx
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Sep-17

katiek2 said:

This is such a piece of bullshit! Cops in schools certainly didn't become the norm with "black migration"

No, they started as black people fled Jim Crow laws.  They weren't abolished until 1968, well after the first SRO in the 1950's.

katiek2 said:

There were NO cops in school when I went to school; there were NO cops in school when my kids went to school.

And you went to a predominantly black school in a disadvantaged neighbourhood?

As for the article:

One likely reason for the increased presence of school-based law enforcement officers was the public’s perception of an increase in juvenile crime, especially school shootings, during the early 1990’s.

A fine hypothesis.

Have SROs stopped any mass shootings in schools since Columbine?

Free Act of 1994 gave schools the authority to have a “zero tolerance” policy towards weapons on school campuses. Schools throughout America broadened this policy to include illegal drugs and alcohol. This federal act removed the arbitrary nature of school policies and put formal disciplinary standards into place, such as zero tolerance policies. Law enforcement officers were the most obvious individuals that could be called on to enforce the new policies.

You mentioned this sort of behaviour was just not tolerated in your school.  It's not tolerated in ANY school!  The notion that educators are happy for guns and drugs and booze to exist in their classroom is absurd!

But stamping an official "Zero Tolerance!" law over the behaviour brings in the police and the prison system.  That is the fastest way to fuck up a kid's future.  I have never fired a gun, but I've done my fair share of drugs and love a glass of wine!  Should I have gone to Juvenile detention in my senior year for ditching class and day drinking?

Yes, the video I posted showed ONE side of the argument. That side being that schools should have a counsellor before they have a cop.

And yes, the graph is disturbing.

SQUADDYB

Sep-18

Typical response from a left wing slug!

I wouldn't expect anything less!

SQUADDYB

Sep-18

>>If Trump wins my overwhelming feeling will be sorrow and regret.<<

You worry about the country you live in! You have enough problems with your own politicians without concerning yourself with ours. 

>>The violence currently plaguing the country will get steadily worse.<<

Nonsense!

>>America will officially pull out of the Paris Climate Agreement, affecting us all.<<

If it benefits us, so what! Why should we care about you?

>>The stupid, pointless wall will further entrench the country in isolationism.<<

?You have a lot of desert wasteland down under. Why don't you build more houses and take all the worlds refugees, asylum seekers, economic migrants and re-settle them? How many will you let live in YOUR house/flat?

>>More allies will fall away and look elsewhere.<<

?More nonsense.

An example, right now, there's a trade agenda in the works with the UK. A good thing too since they had the sense to cut the cord with the EU!

SQUADDYB

Sep-18

>>

America's standing in the world will plummet even further than it has.

But mostly I will look at the American people who endured four years of this insanity and learned nothing, while shaking my head.

The rest of the world will adapt and move on.

And we will look at what the US has degenerated into with pity.

Empires come and go.<<<<

Are you living in cloud cuckoo land?