Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Okay, Karen   General Confusion

Started May-18 by ElDotardo; 8288 views.
SQUADDYB

Sep-18

No, Jen, it was NOT a personal attack!

slackerx

Sep-18

>>The stupid, pointless wall will further entrench the country in isolationism.<<

We call that murderous wall "the Wall of Death".

They use it to murder our families.

slackerx

Sep-18

> "a left wing slug!"

This is called dehumanization. It's just an excuse to murder people, SniperBoy.

• Edited September 18, 2020 12:21 pm  by  slackerx
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Sep-19

SQUADDYB said:

You worry about the country you live in! You have enough problems with your own politicians without concerning yourself with ours.

Actually we don't.  Things are running pretty smoothly.  We're looking at final stage reopening of my state by Christmas and our holiday is back on for November.

SQUADDYB said:

If it benefits us, so what! Why should we care about you?

Spoken like a true conservative.  Fuck the planet!

SQUADDYB said:

You have a lot of desert wasteland down under. Why don't you build more houses and take all the worlds refugees, asylum seekers, economic migrants and re-settle them? How many will you let live in YOUR house/flat?

I absolutely agree.  Expanding our refugee intake and encouraging them to settle in country towns is a great idea.  But we have a conservative government in power, and they hate foreign people.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Sep-19

SQUADDYB said:

No, Jen, it was NOT a personal attack!

Which one?  There are so many in this thread alone.

katiek2

Sep-19

Jenifer, I spent 11 years working as a counselor and career guidance teacher in a junior high school in the mid 1970-80's.  When we said zero tolerance, we meant you get caught with drugs or fighting, you get sent home and/or suspended.  We did not have cops at our school (although it is now fenced and I suspect there are SRO's) and while it was not in a minority neighborhood, the school was certainly not in a wealthy neighborhood.  In the late 80's, the high school our youngest graduated from, in what was considered a wealthy area, began to experience gang violence towards students not in gangs.  That is when cops were placed at that school.  I agree with you, cops have no place in the school or on the schoolyard.  The reason they are there now is because parents are afraid of school violence and the school counselors can't control it.  Counseling is provided first, on a one on one basis.  Guess what - gangbangers could not care less.  One of my daughters lives in Newtown.  It's a fairly small town and everyone knows everyone else.  Since the Newtown tragedy, they have cops in the schools, security fences all around the schools.  You actually cannot enter a school without announcing and identifying yourself first.  Fear is what placed cops in schools.  Not racism.  Other than racism is the cause, I agree with everything you said.  

• Edited September 19, 2020 4:12 am  by  katiek2
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Sep-19

katiek2 said:

The reason they are there now is because parents are afraid of school violence and the school counselors can't control it. Counseling is provided first, on a one on one basis.

Katie, the part you seem to be missing is the schools that have police, but NO counsellors.  Some don't even have a school nurse! 

These schools are full of black kids.

It's kinda racist.

katiek2

Sep-19

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

Katie, the part you seem to be missing is the schools that have police, but NO counsellors.  Some don't even have a school nurse!  These schools are full of black kids. It's kinda racist.

Did that article address only black schools in disadvantaged neighborhoods?  I must have misread it.  Or are you saying only black/minority schools require counselors and/or SRO's?  What am I missing?

SQUADDYB

Sep-20

>>I absolutely agree.  Expanding our refugee intake and encouraging them to settle in country towns is a great idea.<<

GREAT! Take the all, enjoy......:>)

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Sep-20

katiek2 said:

What am I missing?

Rewatch the Samantha Bee video.