Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The COVID Inquiry   World Wide WTF?

Started 5/19/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 6389 views.
In reply toRe: msg 37
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jul-16

adwil

Jul-16

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

The director-general of WHO says there has been a "premature push" to rule out the theory that the coronavirus might have escaped from a lab,

I doubt we'll get to the bottom of this one.  

In reply toRe: msg 39
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jul-17

I honestly think the simplest explanation is a lab worker got infected, then went for lunch at the local wet market.

But China refuses to be scrutinized.

adwil

Jul-17

"But China refuses to be scrutinized."

Unlikely to change.

The plus side is that in future all our countries will be much more careful.  We will store PPE, masks, anti-virals and have policies that can be activated as soon as a nasty virus is reported. 

In reply toRe: msg 41
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jul-18

adwil said:

The plus side is that in future all our countries will be much more careful. We will store PPE, masks, anti-virals and have policies that can be activated as soon as a nasty virus is reported.

I wish.  Out Federal Government is dragging its heels in building a quarantine facility.  Hotel quarantine is spotty and unreliable, but they don't want to spend the money on a state of the art facility that we are guaranteed to need in the future for the next pandemic.  It's exactly what Singapore did after SARS.

adwil

Jul-18

It would be a good idea to have plans ready for the next pandemic or the next drought or the next lot of flooding. Even if it doesn't happen.