Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Tucker Carlson   America - all of it

Started Aug-11 by Johneeo; 1920 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Aug-20

OK, we need to get to the core of your logic.

(I've honestly forgotten what we are arguing about, by the way).

But are you saying that the absence of a negative makes a positive?

Example:

A man is arrested and sent to prison for murder because (emphasising, not shouting) no one could find any evidence that he didn't commit murder.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Aug-20

jra2750 said:

Know what other network is no longer fair & balanced? PBS...always used to present 2 sides. No more.

That's a shame.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Aug-20

Johneeo said:

Of course the hospitals get more money for treating Chop Suey Fluey.

Now I remember what it was.

OK, here are some more fact checking articles on the claim.

https://www.wral.com/fact-check-do-hospitals-get-paid-more-to-treat-covid-19-patients/19156357/

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-more-money-for-covid-cases/partly-false-claim-hospitals-get-compensated-15-more-when-they-admit-discharge-or-lose-a-patient-to-covid-19-new-york-city-hospitals-are-inflating-their-case-numbers-to-take-advantage-idUSKBN22I2KR

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/apr/21/facebook-posts/Fact-check-Hospitals-COVID-19-payments/

If Your Time is short

• It’s standard for Medicare to pay a hospital roughly three times as much for a patient who goes on a ventilator, as for one who doesn’t.

• Medicare is paying a 20% add-on to its regular hospital payments for the treatment of COVID-19 victims. That’s a result of a federal stimulus law.

• The claim’s suggestion is that the number of COVID-19 cases is being padded; but evidence indicates the cases are being undercounted.

But are you saying that the absence of a negative makes a positive?

Nope, I'm saying exactly what I've been saying. "Absence of evidence" proves nothing unless an effort has been made to find evidence. Your article cited no intensive investigations in the diagnosis' of covid.

A man is arrested and sent to prison for murder because (emphasising, not shouting) no one could find any evidence that he didn't commit murder.

Not in this country! Is that your system of justice?

Good incentive for a hospital to declare covid. What's 20% of $50,000?

No "evidence" was cited. Some "indications" were cited, but, no "evidence" because there's been no "investigation".

Do you get my point, yet?

• Medicare is paying a 20% add-on to its regular hospital payments for the treatment of COVID-19 victims. That’s a result of a federal stimulus law.

• The claim’s suggestion is that the number of COVID-19 cases is being padded; but evidence indicates the cases are being undercounted

Di (amina046)

Aug-21

Stephen's LIVE Monologue Following Day 1 Of The Democratic National Convention

Stephen Colbert comes to you LIVE from A Late Show's election HQ in Midtown Manhattan to break down the events of the DNC's first night. From the night's hos...

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Aug-21

Make Dems Cry Again 2020! (bobrazz) said:

"Absence of evidence" proves nothing

Yet, you are using the absence of evidence as evidence of the possibility it is true.

Not in this country! Is that your system of justice?

It was an example of the flaw in the logic.

Don't worry about it.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Aug-21

Do you get my point, yet?

Yes, do you get mine?

The claim’s suggestion is that the number of COVID-19 cases is being padded; but evidence indicates the cases are being undercounted

So, we have evidence.  Therefore an investigation into the claim was done.

Yet, you are using the absence of evidence as evidence of the possibility it is true.

Since you cannot provide one quote where I have even inferred this you are a bald faced liar. If you can produce a quote I will shout my apology honestly and humbly.

I am using the fact that hospitals are paid 20% more for covid patients as evidence that there is both means and motive. But, you knew that, didn't you? Makes your sentence, above, even more dishonest.

It was an example of the flaw in the logic.

How is something that has not happened in either of our countries in at least a century an "example" of anything? You ideologues are a strange breed.

So, we have evidence.  Therefore an investigation into the claim was done.

Not one of your links cites any "evidence" of under counts as you stated in your synopsis. At best they cite "indicators".

But, hey, honest dialogue was never your strong suit, was it?