Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Kamala   America - all of it

Started 8/11/20 by el gringo (ramseylurker); 10856 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph) said...

Now THAT'S a great meme!

Think Trump could pass the test?

jra2750 said...

I remain Unimpressed with your attempt to persuade us here with your Intellectualism.  It is tedious to read LONG posts.

Nobody is trying to impress you with their "intellectualism". That's just white paranoia, to justify white laziness.

You know, 60 years ago, when my wife was a child, she would wash gold in the Guachicono river with her mother so that she could sell the gold in El Border to buy candles with to read by at night. Sure, washing gold is hard work, but it does illustrate how, if you just apply yourself, and work hard, you too can learn how to read. 

Today there's a monument in the central square of El Bordo, honoring the many poor afropatianas like my mother-in-law who made a living washing gold in Patía. That statue is called "La Negra". You like statues, don't you? They represent history. 

You can see "La Negra" in this video from 2:50 - 3:00. The lyrics during that portion of the video are as follows:

"En las quebradas y ríos las negras lavaban oro, salía un producto muy fino que lo vendían en el Bordo, ..."

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

8/20/20

I don't know what Kamala did or how she felt about this man.

And neither do you.

In reply toRe: msg 157
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

8/20/20

I don't know what Kamala did 

You don't know what she did? Here;

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/01/24/kamala-harris-2020-history-224126

or how she felt about this man.

And neither do you.

How she felt? Frankly, my dear, I don't give a dam! I've seen no indication in her history that shows she "feels" anything for others.

Minorities, however, might not flock to her cause when they find what she did as SF DA and CA AG.

Di (amina046)

8/21/20

KAMALA! - A Randy Rainbow Song Parody

**SUBSCRIBE FOR THE LATEST RANDY RAINBOW VIDS!** Book Randy Rainbow on CAMEO: https://www.cameo.com/randyrainbow Buy official t-shirts and other fun merch he...

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

8/21/20

That was a good article.

Very even handed, and came out supportive of Harris.

Thank you.

In reply toRe: msg 161

Kamala’s America? - Joel Kotkin, City Journal, 21 August 2020
https://www.city-journal.org/kamala-harris-california

... As California’s attorney general, Harris was criticized by reformers for putting petty miscreants, like pot smokers, in jail, even while joking about her own use, and for being too deferential to law enforcement. In the post-George Floyd era, Harris has turned hard in the other direction, with nods towards support for “defunding” the police and other policies fueling a new urban crime wave. But we can expect Harris to embrace her tough-prosecutor mode in going after political enemies; she joined lawsuits against fossil-fuel executives for voicing doubts about climate change. Under a Harris administration, we could expect further expansion of the de-platforming and censorship of those caught not “right-thinking.”

The bottom line: don’t underestimate Kamala Harris. She is a savvy political operator. She will be hailed by the compliant media as a progressive egalitarian and an ideal promoter of the American dream —but if her past performance is any guide, she will be neither.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

8/23/20

Yes, she will have some tough questions to answer.

Be interesting to see how she responds.

In reply toRe: msg 162

California’s neo-feudal future - Joel Kotkin, Brian C. Anderson, City Journal, 26 August 2020
https://www.city-journal.org/california-tech-feudal-political-economy

... Brian Anderson: Your most recent piece, as I mentioned at the top, is on the new vice presidential candidate or nominee, I should say, Kamala Harris for the Democratic Party. She is a California Senator. She's someone we've written about a number of times, including a feature essay by Mark Pulliam that we published all the way back in 2016 calling her the next Obama and predicting that she would be a very plausible national candidate, so someone to keep an eye on. And you've been her constituent for a long time as a Californian. In your piece, you note her close ties with Silicon Valley and Hollywood, but you also caution readers not to underestimate her. Could you give our listeners a sense of what you think Kamala Harris represents and the Democratic Party and what she'll bring to the ticket?

Joel Kotkin: Well, I think she's really in a very sweet spot because, unlike let's say a Bernie Sanders or even Elizabeth Warren, she is not somebody who's going to stand up to the tech companies who increasingly dominate our economy as other parts of the economy are systematically destroyed. She's also able to cover a good part of the intersectionality quotient. She's part Asian, part black, although from the West Indies, not from the United States in terms of her parents. And obviously she's a female, so she sort of passes all those intersectional tests that seem to be determinative now in progressive politics. But she's very odd in the sense that she also has a history of a kind of ruthless prosecutor and-

Brian Anderson: Right. She is attorney general in California.

Joel Kotkin: Right. And then as Attorney General, she does clearly have an authoritarian streak. I always think that Donald Trump comes off as a second rate Mussolini, kind of a buffoonish figure, but the real authoritarian wave in America is not going to come out of Donald Trump, it's going to come in the form that Kamala Harris represents. Where if you disagree on certain issues, you get banned from internet platforms, if you disagree, for instance, on climate change, you could be sued and even go to jail. I think we're going to see a real authoritarian regime. And in terms of California's insane zoning and planning policies, she's been a key enforcer telling people, "No, you have to put everything in high density. It has to be near transit stops," even though such a tiny percentage of people in California take transit.

But this idea of imposing a San Francisco model on the rest of the state, which is insane given the fact that San Francisco is really kind of unique in California for its density, for its transit dependency, and yet the state and Harris personally push this. And then lastly, I think she's pretty well known as being a very haughty and authoritarian personality. I mean, that's what I've heard from people who've worked with her. But she's very, very smart. She has a good sense of what to do when and she obviously has the political skills since she basically called Joe Biden a racist and then became his vice presidential candidate, that shows a certain amount of skill.