Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Black Lies Matter   America - all of it

Started 8/12/20 by Apollonius (Theocritos); 27465 views.
Apollonius (Theocritos) said:

Black Lives Matter

Chicago Violin Vigil Honoring Elijah McClain - Somewhere Over The Rainbow

I actually read your link.   Remind me never to look at ABC again.   What utter crap.    Sounds like the author spends his whole life on Twitter with an occasional look at the BBC or the Guardian.

I suspect most ABC reports come from basically illiterate recent journalism graduates who have not one clue about history or even the real present-day world.   They're a privileged and spoiled rotten bunch of people who have the same approach to history as a biblical literalist has to evolution.   Those fundamentalists sometimes have an excuse:  they typically come from economically disadvantaged backgrounds.  Not so with people like this rich asshole kid.

The story is inaccurate from start to finish.

I won't deal with the history, which is just an exercise in propaganda.

There were several left-wing mobs taking over Washington, D.C. buildings within just the last couple of years.  How quickly people forget.  Especially when they don't want to remember.

BLM has been handed hundreds of millions of dollars by gullible people who think that they are somehow fighting injustice when in reality they are abetting violent crime.   They are promoted by junk news sites like ABC, I guess because the people who work for this site need to feel they're better than someone who actually works for a living.

Apollonius (Theocritos) said:

BLM

Yes, Black Lives Matter.

Violin vigil held at Washington Park raises money for Elijah McClain's family

In reply toRe: msg 126

During the Black Lives Matter era, the number of deaths by murder in the U.S. has increased over 40 percent in the years 2014 to 2020, with several thousand more incremental homicides just since the death of George Floyd.

What can we do about it?

I’d like to discuss social media, drug policy, and the death penalty.

But first: If you find you are inciting violence, stop inciting violence.

The data are now conclusive that relative to the declining homicide trend line of the previous era, the Black Lives Matter push has gotten an extra 10,000 or more black lives ended over the past half dozen years. Denouncing cops and sanctifying criminals leads to many more murders, especially of blacks shooting blacks.

Murder should instead be going down like it was before the Establishment decided at Ferguson that the system of law and order that had been more or less succeeding for twenty years should be junked on the baseless belief that black problems with the law must be the fault of the law, not of the blacks.

By 2019, blacks were up to being known murder offenders at 8.2 times the rate of nonblacks. The 2020 ratio will likely be worse.

This inordinate murderousness is a massive problem for America, stretching far beyond its direct victims. Murder, the ultimate crime, contributes to our hollowed-out cities and long commutes from the hinterlands. And all the shootings make hopeless liberal plans like Raj Chetty’s for diluting the black underclass’ antisocial culture through integration.

There’s much talk at the moment about censoring social media. But I never see discussion of how to reduce the death toll social media takes in the inner cities.

In a violent lowbrow culture, social media’s public nature and the fact that everything you and everyone else says goes on your permanent record makes it more likely that some fool will decide that a diss demands a death.

Here's someone who agrees with me about how BLM is just an updated version of the KKK:

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

1/23/21

Strong words.  Catchy.

As an atheist, however, I disagree that all the answers can be found in a story book devoted to this guy's imaginary friend.

CzoeMC

1/24/21

It is hard to be an atheist in this world. My bro was complaining about the music that he had to select for my Dad's funeral last week, him being a musician, and an atheist, dad being all Very Bible Belt, and he asked why the atheist had to pick from the 20 hymns. Registered his complaint, but I had my own share of horribleness to deal with. It has been a week now, and nobody has covid symptoms, we didn't want to have a super spreader event, but Mom had to have her way, and it was really freaky, what is it with an open casket, anyway? Only a few jerky relatives ignored the request of covid protacal.

Sorry to hear that you're an atheist.  That's your loss. 

I'm trying to think of a single piece of music worthy of the name inspired by atheism.

And no, it is not hard to be an atheist.  In today's world, quite the contrary, you would risk your social life and career by revealing that you were religious.

In reply toRe: msg 133

The year 2020 likely saw the largest percentage increase in homicides in American history. Murder was up nearly 37% in a sample of 57 large and medium-size cities. Based on preliminary estimates, at least 2,000 more Americans, most of them black, were killed in 2020 than in 2019. Mainstream media and many politicians claim the pandemic caused this bloodbath, but the chronology doesn’t support that assertion. And now the criminal-justice policies supported by President Biden promise to exacerbate the current crime wave, while ignoring its actual causes.