Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Middle East Peace Deal   Africa and the Middle East

Started Aug-14 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 5953 views.
bml00

Sep-27

I am not a supporter of Netanayu however he is entitled to as fair a trial as anybody else and trial by a left wing newspaper such as the Ha artez (<- It means Land of Israel) is not an example of worthy note.

When this is over and History is written the tenure of Netanayu will show that he bought to Israel an economy that thrived , he created ties with many countries and led Israel to many successes , like so many before him in History he has not learnt when to give in .

Each weekend including this Weekend there are ever larger demos against him they are resonating amongst the population , eventually those within in his own inner circle will start to see him as a liablity rather than an asset it is inevitable .

As a soldier (like his two other Brothers) he showed IMMENSE courage as an ex soldier myself he did things very few could to so despite my dislike of current failed policies I have an abiding respect for his courage

BM

In reply toRe: msg 62
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Oct-11

bml00

Oct-11

I am sure Lauder (of Estee' Lauder fame) will have given Abbas a note either from Trump or Netanayu to get on the peace wagon that is currently starting to gain traction (under the Trump administration's auspices) 

We are very shortly to meet with Lebanon to discuss several issues if the eventual outcome is seen by them and us as WIN/WIN they will for sure lead to possible peace talks and the eventual leading to full diplomatic relations .

The Arab press is reporting that Syria MAY be interested to again talk to Israel (this would be the 3rd time they have attempted peace talks) 

The Palestinians are seeing their one time allies , die hard rejectionists now considering talking with us and in doing so their own case , the Worlds one time hottest potato has now become something that nobody considers of any real importance .

The ball is in their court 

BM

In reply toRe: msg 64

Seems to me the main question for abbas, as it was to many palestinian leaders, would be how would a peace deal affect his wealth stream.

bml00

Oct-18

Abbas is not well , 80 cigarettes a day take their toll , his number 2 Saeb Erekat has just been rushed into Hospital with Covid 19 (an Israeli hospital ) 

Abbas has monopolised along with the 7 families in the West Bank the distribution and control of many commodities this will continue through the 7 families including his sons .

In such societies where money in huge amounts are thrown into the hands of corrupt men the losers are the people and the donors this is something global so I wont only blame my neighbors 

Finally one day there will be peace if for no other reason the Palestinians will have run out of options 

BM

In reply toRe: msg 66

Finally one day there will be peace if for no other reason the Palestinians will have run out of options 

You might well be right. Seems to me that President Trump is the first world leader to work to limit those options.

bml00

Oct-19

Trump is possibly the Only President who has not pandered to the Palestinians and because certain key Arab states are now recognising Israel then the need to pander to the Arab World is no longer a necessary .

The Arabs formed the Arab League to give themselves strength and cohesion but it never worked as each leader distrusted his neighbor and the policies of the many did not always suit the policies of the few , as the years passes the League collected in splendid halls , dressed in their finest but achieved nothing , they all voiced their outrage at the Palestinian problem but in reality did nothing and so it has fractured along a fault line which has the hard liner rejectionists on one side and the modernists on the other and the losers are the Palestinians who all they had to do was complain about something or other (RIGHTLY SOMETIMES ) for the Arab World to moan and groan (but never do anything)

For the Palestinians now to emerge with a cause in tact they have to address their own failings and then address the reality that when the World stood behind them they blew it now they are slowly becoming ever more isolated - their case becoming lost with all the other far more pressing issues facing the region and the World

BM

In reply toRe: msg 68

Trump is possibly the Only President who has not pandered to the Palestinians and because certain key Arab states are now recognising Israel then the need to pander to the Arab World is no longer a necessary 

From what I have read the past 3 years that was jarrad's first step. Getting the rich oil states, that had been giving financial aid, onboard. (the threat of a powerful, possibly nuclear, iran didn't hurt) I read, last year, that the saudi's had warned the palestinian leaders that they needed to stop being so intransigent. That support would wane if they didn't change their ways. Didn't seem to do much good, at the time.

bml00

Oct-19

Kushner has a team which has all the facilities of the Pentagon and the State Dept at their disposal .

The Trump administration has put together a very good deal in which Gulf states each for their own reasons will make peace with Israel .

Iran is not looking for war , it has no chance against the US so whilst it is playing hard ball in the end and eventually if Trump wins then Iran within the next 24 months will come to the table (possibly secretly / possibly via interlocutors  -most likely the Germans or the French0 and work through a deal .

BM