Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Occupy the Syllabus   General Confusion

Started 8/17/20 by Apollonius (Theocritos); 11111 views.
In reply toRe: msg 50

Seattle:

Teaching hate - Christopher F. Rufo, City Journal, 18 December 2020
https://www.city-journal.org/racial-equity-programs-seattle-schools

The Seattle school district claims that the U.S. education system is guilty of “spirit murder” against black children.

San Diego:

Radicals in the classroom - Christopher F. Rufo, City Journal, 5 January 2021
https://www.city-journal.org/radicalism-in-san-diego-schools

San Diego’s school district tells white teachers that they are guilty of “spirit murdering” black children and should undergo “antiracist therapy.”

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

they claim that “the United States was built off the stolen labor of kidnapped and enslaved Black people’s work, which created the profits that created our nation.”

Yup

katiek2

Jan-7

Just like Australia was built off the stolen labor of enslaved aboriginals who lands were stolen and given to the convicts, murderers and thieves shipped to no-mans land as penalty for crime.  Your country was built on the backs of criminals and thieves, who treated and still treat the original inhabitants of the land as less than human.  I don't see any room for you to point your nose in the air and rant about injustice in my country.  

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

they claim that “the United States was built off the stolen labor of kidnapped and enslaved Black people’s work, which created the profits that created our nation.”

Yup

Nope.

Slavery was an inefficient system which had already been abandoned in advanced countries (Europe, China) by the middle ages.

America's Founders figured that slavery would die out in America before long.  It got a reprieve during the cotton boom 1830s-1850s, but that depended on acquiring new lands because growing cotton soon exhausts the soil.  Only a small elite class of Southerners benefited from it.  The North's economy was already well into the industrial age.

After slavery was abolished the North became even more prosperous.  Since the 1960s blacks in the U.S. have undoubtedly been a net drain on the economy.

katiek2 said...

Just like Australia was built off the stolen labor of enslaved aboriginals who lands were stolen and given to the convicts, murderers and thieves shipped to no-mans land as penalty for crime.  Your country was built on the backs of criminals and thieves, who treated and still treat the original inhabitants of the land as less than human.  I don't see any room for you to point your nose in the air and rant about injustice in my country.  

Wow.

Look, I'm not trying to say that Jennifer's ancestors were perfect, any more than I'd try to say that my own ancestors were perfect.

Hell, I wouldn't even claim that my wife's ancestors were perfect. (I can give you some details and examples, if you think you can handle it.)

But's what's behind your attack on Jennifer?

Is it intended to excuse something that is happening today?

Or are you saying that kidnapping is acceptable?

You do realize that in some cultures (my wife's culture, for example), kidnapping is simply unacceptable, for any reason, don't you?

My wife doesn't understand why so many in our own culture here in the USA consider kidnapping as acceptable today. 

Apollonius (Theocritos) said...

Since the 1960s blacks in the U.S. have undoubtedly been a net drain on the economy.

How do you feel about this, katie?

You do understand that apollonius quite openly comes from an explicitly pro-slavery place of white supremacy, don't you?

katiek2

Jan-8

1.  Why do you keep bringing your wife into conversation.  Don't you have opinions of your own?

2.  My statement to Jenifer was absolutely true.  Read a little history.  

3.  Please try to keep your comments in context to the posts to which you are responding.

4.  My ancestors fought to end slavery in the U.S. so you might as well stop trying to shame me or my country.  It simply won't work.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

OK, first of all, my ancestors were convicts.  I am proud of how far we have come.

Secondly, Aboriginals are nomadic - The British found no buildings or anything they deemed to be "civilisation".  Therefore, they did not understand what a sacred site meant, let alone how it could belong to a tribe given they consider themselves custodians of the land, not owners of it.  Not saying it's right, it just is.

Thirdly, the old "whatabout" defence is comparing genocide to slavery.  Two completely different atrocities.  The Brits didn't bring Aboriginals over here chained in boats and force them to work the land under the whip.  They just barged in and took the land because they considered it vacant.  It's called "clueless white privilege".

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Before emancipation slavery was worth 3.5 billion dollars.

That's probably why they went to war to keep it.

Msg 1499.60 deleted