Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Occupy the Syllabus   General Confusion

Started 8/17/20 by Apollonius (Theocritos); 16152 views.

I've told you before:  I don't trust any corporate media, and that includes Fox.  Fox still has a couple of people standing who present a different point of view, but in general they're no different from the rest.

To me it's shocking the way people have let themselves be swayed by people who have such powerful vested interests, interests that are completely incompatible with those of ordinary working citizens.

Your first step is to turn off your TV.  Never, ever watch it.  Stay away for ten or twenty years.  You might begin to think for yourself.

In reply toRe: msg 19

He's undoubtedly a good liberal.  Doesn't matter.  He said something that the mob didn't like.

In reply toRe: msg 51

Christopher Rufo has been doing a whole series of articles about the indoctrination now being taught in thousands of schools across America:

At least one comment echoes what I have stated on this forum before.  'Liberals' and progressives have failed.  Their nearly 60 year old Great Society programs have been trillions of dollars (reparations without using the word) that have produced no results.  Poverty and illiteracy rates are if anything worse than ever.  

Now they are resorting to actually teaching kids to hate white people.

The media is complicit.  They also promote starkly racist education.

In reply toRe: msg 91

About a year ago when it became obvious how widespread this cancer had become, Trump issued an executive order in effect outlawing this form of education.

One of Joe Biden's very first acts as president was to reinstate the teaching and promotion of 'critical race theory' and attendant doctrines. 

The guy is literally Hitler.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

You think students should NOT learn about communism and the dangers of radical beliefs leading to violence?

Critical race theory is not teaching history.  It's teaching an ideology of hate.

In reply toRe: msg 91

In reply toRe: msg 96
Ibram X. Kendi Turned Down My Offer

Here's an excerpt from my latest solo episode and an update from my offer to have Ibram X. Kendi on my podcast. This is a member's only episode, so if you're...

A few comments:

-- Why would he risk his lucrative career by having his arguments ripped apart in public

-- This is why Glen Loury calls Kendi an "empty suit".

-- So he preemptively accuses you of strawmanning him, then denigrates your proposal with an appeal to authority (re: faculty memeber comment), and despite the proceeds going to a cause he'd, presumably, be a proponent for?  Instead of all the excuses, he could have just called himself a coward and kept it moving...