Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Cancel Culture or Responsibility?   World Wide WTF?

Started Nov-11 by Apollonius (Theocritos); 3102 views.

I had to look it up. Aparently, "binkie" means "pacifier".

In reply toRe: msg 1

Here are two Google searches for a Wikipedia article:

Before:

After:

The problem is that Wikipedia editors decided that because Bo Winegard has written articles which have appeared in Quillette, a vaguely libertarian or at least free-speech online journal, pretty milquetoast by conservative standards, he must be purged.

In reply toRe: msg 11

Some background:

This is just one small example of why I put no trust in Wikipedia anymore.

I'm very happy that I have a large print library because it seems that more and more information is being deleted or altered or manufactured to match the current political climate.  Right now it's 'woke' with 'racist' or 'sexist' or 'colonialist' or other progressive obsessions being cancelled, but that can easily change and almost certainly will.  

More and more, you won't dare say what you think.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host
Apollonius (Theocritos) said:

This is just one small example of why I put no trust in Wikipedia anymore.

I agree, they should have a bio that puts his words in context as a white nationalist and "pseudoscientist".

I think Wikipedia authors should lean towards labelling people as they see themselves.

The U.S. Library of Congress follows this rule when naming people or assigning appropriate subject headings.  It's a basic courtesy.

Instead, Wikipedia authors feel compelled to editorialize-- as if they are qualified to judge!

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

I have not noticed any particular bias.  Can you direct me to something you feel is unfair?

In reply toRe: msg 16
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host