Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The first 100 days   America - all of it

Started Jan-22 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 6615 views.
jra2750

Jan-30

There is no question that the food banks AND the checks will keep on coming.  As well evictions have been put off until the end of March I believe.  

I continue to think that many of the problems connected to the pandemic could B alleviated by OPENING UP AMERICA.

So far I can find no provable scientific evidence showing that closing down the entire world does anything to stop pandemics.

Pandemics have happened naturally since pre-historic times.  And life and death went on...as well as various mutations which caused some pandemics to last as long as 20 years (Spanish Flu).  

We either open up or economies will eventually collapse.  

Who do we turn to for answers?  Even the experts R flummoxed.  Understandably of course.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host
jra2750 said:

The teachers unions R thrilled with that one despite all the evidence that opening schools IS safe.

I know, but no one could successfully sell that.  You have the government bullying underpaid teachers in order to "endanger children".  Throw in kicking a puppy, and you have the trifecta of political suicide.

jra2750 said:

I see that the Biden admin. is continuing with the daily press briefings started by Trump.

It must be strange to see honesty and competence on a daily basis.

If Biden truly were senile, then he would never have been the nominee.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host
jra2750 said:

So far I can find no provable scientific evidence showing that closing down the entire world does anything to stop pandemics.

We've gone into a 5 day lockdown here because of one case.

The world needs the vaccine, but I don't know how we will get herd immunity with so many not trusting the vaccine.  Anti-vaxxers will always exist, but the speed at which these vaccines went through their trial stages would concern anyone.

We're waiting a few months here in Oz to see how things pan out in Europe and the US before we start taking it.

jra2750

Feb-1

I would remind U Jennifer:  Ronald Reagan

was packaged and sold to the American voter.  After he was elected Reagan was moved around by Nancy and other handlers...he was a trained actor and that allowed him to tell his little jokes and smile a lot.  As Reagan aged he DID show signs of senility but, again, Nancy & the handlers covered for him.

Joe Biden IS showing signs of senility and Jill and the Biden handlers R doing exactly what the Reagan team did.  

That's a good thing.  Joe has 4 years ahead of him.  And so does America.

jra2750

Feb-1

So - who's right about the vaccines?  What one is best? 

When in doubt - don't used to B what Dad told me when I first dated.  

jra2750 said...

So - who's right about the vaccines?  What one is best? 

The one that's closest to you. 

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

I know there is a history of covering for Presidents - Taft is a perfect example.

But this was all after the fact.  Reagan swept the floor with Carter in the debates, and that takes more than memorizing lines.

His mental decline was well after he was elected, and safe guards are in place to stop any single person from nuking Canada for getting too close.

Biden has always had a stutter and been gaffe-prone.  But he is still more coherent than Trump.

I do not see senility when he speaks.  My grandmother had Alzheimer's.  I know what it looks like. 

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Pfizer or Moderna - both over 90% efficacy.

jra2750

Feb-4

My husband died from Alzheimer's after a battle of 5 1/2 years so I have knowledge of how the disease works.  There R variations of dementia.  

Ronald Reagan was a seasoned actor...used to memorizing lines...and remember: Alz patients have superb memories and can recite details of days gone by...yet don't know what day it is.   Good days/Bad days.  My husband near the end knew he wanted to vote for Obama...I had to fill his Absentee ballot for him...after I checked with our Florida county election office...I told them He couldn't write anymore...They said and I quote:  Do the best U can.  Husband knew me right to the end and for the most part also our 3 children.  When he died (very peacefully) I breathed a gigantic sigh of relief.  OVER!  We were married 64 years.  

jra2750

Feb-4

Received my 2nd dose of Pfizer last Thursday.  However on Friday I had a very uncomfortable day and I was not alone.  My 38 yr old hairdresser who also had her 2nd shot had exactly the same reaction:  Severe headache...total fatique.  Ugh!  Next day?  Perfectly fine.   I live in an Indep. Living facility and she works there...All residents  & staff got the vaccine.