Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Fix Racism? Sure, give it a shot.   America - all of it

Started 1/27/21 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 18263 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Aug-21

slackerx said:

Black and Indigenous farmers were promised debt relief. All but four are still waiting

I remember this... vaguely.

I guess it all got lost in COVID.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Aug-21

CamGeary said:

For something that allegedly happened in 1743? What a load of crap...

I don't think that owning your history - warts and all - is ever a waste of time.

It's unpleasant, yes, but the people who were bought and sold deserve to be remembered.

CamGeary

Aug-21

"Remembered" is a far cry from "fetishized", and further removed from "so let's use them as a hole card when playing Race and Gender doesn't achieve what we want"...

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Aug-22

The truth is rarely pretty.

And let's face it, if a Netflix show called The Watchmen didn't exist, everyday Americans wouldn't know about Black Wall Street.

That was a home-grown terrorist attack.

CzoeMC

Sep-4

Are you suggesting that we should whitewash <snicker> the past, and no one should learn from historically bad mistakes? Hitler just didn't want cooties from certain groups, blah, blah, no need to dwell on the past....

CamGeary

Sep-4

Statute of limitations, or else stop reading the New York Times, which referred to "hook-nosed Jews" on at least one occasion in the early 20th century, and stop venerating Earl Warren, former #1 cheerleader for interning the Japanese during The War...

• Edited September 4, 2021 11:59 am  by  CamGeary
CzoeMC

Sep-4

The New York Times is an institution. Institution can change with the enlightenment of the changing world.

And who are you accusing of "venerating" Earl Warren? You are bringing nothing into the conversation game but spitballs.

CamGeary

Sep-4

I was sure you were a Warren fan; me, not so much...

CzoeMC

Sep-4

Are you doing political profiling here?

You know the old adage about "assuming".

I will defend Earl Warren if the subject comes up, and I agree with the supposition.

CamGeary

Sep-5

Which Warren are you defending, the headline-hunting DA of Alameda County, the anti-Japanese governor, the guy who ran as VP on the Dewey ticket in 1948? You'll get no argument from me if you restrict your defense to his term on the Supreme Court...