Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Family Values   World Wide WTF?

Started Feb-16 by el gringo (ramseylurker); 7169 views.

SQUADDYB said...

hordes of illegals

This thread is not about racial slurs.

It's about Family Values.

Please do try to stay on topic.

Drop the I-Word. Don't Feed the Hate Machine
Sep 27, 2010

Race Forward

Calling people "illegals" feeds a hate machine, by exploiting racial fears and economic anxiety. The I-word, along with other words tainted by hate, provides an easy scapegoat for complex issues and OKs violence against those labeled with it. Don't feed the hate machine. Drop the I-word. 

SquaddyB

Feb-20

LISTEN:

If I get behind the steering wheel of a car after I had a few too many jars of the black stuff - it is illegal!

If I decide to take the subway and jump the barrier - it is illegal!

If I rob a bank - it is illegal!

If I wetback it across a river and enter a country without documentation and authorization - it is illegal!

END OF!

Edited to add: Don't get all teary eyed if the truth offends you. They are ILLEGALS!

• Edited February 20, 2021 8:24 am  by  SquaddyB
SQUADDYB said...

LISTEN:

If I get behind the steering wheel of a car after I had a few too many jars of the black stuff - it is illegal!

If I decide to take the subway and jump the barrier - it is illegal!

If I rob a bank - it is illegal!

If I wetback it across a river and enter a country without documentation and authorization - it is illegal!

END OF!

Edited to add: Don't get all teary eyed if the truth offends you. They are ILLEGALS!

Look, I get it. You're upset because his parents' marriage was considered "illegal".

For them to get married in Nebraska would have been illegal. And as a result of your own racism you consider his parents as "illegals".

But what about family values?

For folks who have family values, love and marriage often goes together like a horse and carriage, no matter how many blatant and open racist epithets you so casually toss around as a diversion in an attempt to troll this forum to enforce your white supremacist ideology on my state and on my country in the 21st century.

snip--------

IF it weren’t for Iowa, my family may never have existed, and this gay, biracial New Yorker might never have been born.

In 1958, when my mother, who was white, and father, who was black, wanted to get married in Nebraska, it was illegal for them to wed. So they decided to go next door to Iowa, a state that was progressive enough to allow interracial marriage. My mom’s brother tried to have the Nebraska state police bar her from leaving the state so she couldn’t marry my dad, which was only the latest legal indignity she had endured. She had been arrested on my parents’ first date, accused of prostitution. (The conventional thought of the time being: Why else would a white woman be seen with a black man?)

On their wedding day, somehow, my parents made it out of Nebraska without getting arrested again, and were wed in Council Bluffs, Iowa, on March 1, 1958. This was five years before Nebraska would strike down its laws against interracial marriage, and almost a decade before the Supreme Court would outlaw miscegenation laws throughout the country in Loving v. Virginia.

When the good state of Iowa conferred the dignity of civic recognition on my parents’ relationship, a relationship some members of their own families thought was deviant and immoral, that the civil authorities of Nebraska had tried to destroy, and that even some of my mom’s college-educated friends believed would produce children striped like zebras, our family began. And by the time my father died, their interracial marriage was seen just as a marriage, and an admirable 45-year one at that.

snip--------

Frank Sinatra - Love and Marriage

SQUADDYB said...

wetback

SQUADDYB said...

They are ILLEGALS!

Speaking of Family Values (the topic of this thread), when is the last time that your mother washed your mouth out with soap?

SquaddyB

Feb-22

What else describes an activity that is contrary to and against the law?

SquaddyB

Feb-22

Typical liberal, always referring to racism as an excuse when you are side blinded!

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Feb-23

Isn't it blind sided?

SQUADDYB said:

Typical liberal, always referring to racism as an excuse when you are side blinded!

Who got sideblinded?

They snuck across the border and crossed the Missouri river from Nebraska into Iowa without being arrested by some squaddy.

And they got married.

Or are you referring to their being arrested by some squaddy on their first date? That might qualify as being sideblinded, I suppose.

SquaddyB

Feb-23

Either or.

Pedantic, what?:>)

SquaddyB

Feb-23

Sometimes you need to take a chill pill. Don't take life so serious.