Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Family Values   World Wide WTF?

Started 2/16/21 by el gringo (ramseylurker); 15467 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Aug-16

I'm skeptical about the seriousness of the claim.

slackerx

Aug-20

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said...

I'm skeptical about the seriousness of the claim.

Don't be too skeptical, even if I used the words "you" and "your" in the first 3 sentences and not in the 4th. As for the 4th sentence, SQUADDY found a shoe lying on the road and decided to try it on for size. 

But of course, this is the real world we are talking about here in this thread, not some fantasy land.

Family values now. Family values forever.

Here in Iowa, and all around the world.

'They'd shoot him right there': Afghan-American marriage in perilous limbo as Taliban return

'They'd shoot him right there': Afghan-American marriage in perilous limbo as Taliban return (msn.com)

Arbaaz Khan standing in front of a curtain: Zorah Aziz and her husband Nazir Ahmad Qasimi. (Courtesy Zorah Aziz)

• Edited August 20, 2021 7:00 pm  by  slackerx
In reply toRe: msg 75
slackerx

Aug-20

slackerx said...

Why do you feel the need to attack little children in my country?

Does it make you feel like a tough guy?

Stay in your own damn country!

We don't need foreign child abusers here.

Just highlighting my previous post for clarity.

I still don't think that we need foreign child abusers here in the USA.

We've got enough of them already.

If somebody disagrees with my statement, this is the place for them to come with their disagreement.

Let's talk it out.

This is the thread that I started precisely for discussing such disagreements, but hopefully, without the white wine. 

Listen to children who’ve just been separated from their parents at the border

• Edited August 20, 2021 7:17 pm  by  slackerx
Raven2018

Aug-20

slackerx said:

Listen to children who’ve just been separated from their parents at the border

I'd bet money, that the same parents who are "heartbroken" listening to children cry over being separated from a parent, at the boarder, have no problem listening to their own child/children cry after they walloped them in the same of discipline.

katiek2

Aug-22

This is truly heartbreaking - but what am I missing here?  This supposedly was taped at the US-Mexico border, presumably on the US side - but there is NO ONE speaking English.  Obviously the children, and the people speaking with the children are not speaking English, but listen carefully to the background.  There is no one speaking English.  So, where did this take place?  I'm not saying it didn't happen on the US side, I'm just saying this tape doesn't appear to have been done on the US side.

Would anyone like to educate me on this?

Di (amina046)

Aug-30

Some woman is speaking Spanish with an American accent.

katiek2

Aug-31

Oh.  I don't speak Spanish, so I doubt that I can tell the difference between an English-speaking person speaking Spanish from a Spanish-speaking person speaking.  Thank you.

Di (amina046)

Sep-1

That was actually quite a tongue twister you wrote! very funny and good to hear of you.

CzoeMC

Sep-1

SquaddyB said:

Really? So when ANYBODY breaks the law and is eventually caught and addressed by the judicial system, the judicial system amounts to " confererate nazism " at work"?

No, only when Trumpians get off the hook. Pardons, anyone? Only then is it "Confederate/Nazism/Autocrat politics" at work.

• Edited September 1, 2021 10:58 pm  by  CzoeMC