Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Trust in the media   General Confusion

Started Apr-5 by Apollonius (Theocritos); 586 views.

According to a recent Gallup survey, the percentage of Americans with no trust in the mass media hit a record high in 2020: only nine per cent of respondents said they trust the mass media "a great deal" and a full 60 per cent said they have little to "no trust at all" in it.

[...]

More than 16,000 news jobs were cut in the U.S. last year alone, the highest on record. 

In reply toRe: msg 1

Occasionally CBC allows comments.  There were over 3500 to this article, overwhelmingly venting their negative views of the CBC and the perfectly awful job they do in reporting the news in this country and internationally.

My first comment was allowed.  It simply reiterated the feelings of the vast majority.  Someone asked where I get my news.  I responded:   

I look at the Claremont Review of Books, Commentary, Manhattan Contrarian, Minding the Campus, New English Review, Quillette, The Spectator, and Tablet on a regular basis. I also take a look at the leftist media: The Guardian, the London Review of Books, the New York Review of Books.  The Atlantic has also gone just about full-blown woke, but still occasionally publishes something worthwhile.

This awaited moderation for half-an-hour before being 'deactivated'.

These people are SHIT.

In reply toRe: msg 2

In any case, it was an opportunity for people who work at the CBC to discover how despised they are by ordinary Canadians.

I was really quite surprised that they allowed comments to this.  Comments on the 'Indigenous' section of their website are strictly verboten at all times.  And this is generally true about political matters in this country.  Usually the only time they want to hear from the public is when the story is about the death of some celebrity.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

There was also that fat, tangerine ballbag constantly shouting "Fake News!" at anything he didn't like.

This was lapped up by a gullible base who consider his every word to be gospel.

Trump's legacy is the destruction of a free press holding government officials accountable for anything.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host
Apollonius (Theocritos) said:

My first comment was allowed.

What was it?

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

Apollonius (Theocritos) said: My first comment was allowed. What was it?

I gave up on the CBC some time ago. Every once in a while I see an article linked to it somewhere and occasionally click on it to see how bad a job they've done. More often my partner lets me know if something worthwhile appears, which happens maybe once every other month.

It's a terrible source for finding out what's happening in Canada and the world, but that is also true of all the major networks. TV is especially bad. If you value your brain, never watch it.

You need to find a new object of fun.   Like Joe Biden maybe.  

I think we should use his performance to make retard jokes popular again.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Apr-11

Unfortunately whenever I post a video or article disparaging Biden I can't get any conservatives to read it.

They have no trust in anything I post, regardless of the content.  They won't even look at it.

This is Trump's legacy.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Apr-11

I don't know of them.

Are they a commercial news network, or government funded?

Commercial means ratings drive content.  I never trust those priorities in journalism.

The CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) is government funded and its content is oriented very much the way your ABC is.