Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Guns. Yes, let's have a discussion   General Confusion

Started 10/5/17 by Johneeo; 60639 views.
Johneeo

10/6/17

HWPeeler (HPeeler) said:

If you can't hit him in six put your gun away.

How about it is not a him, but a them?  Sometimes criminals do not travel alone.

And rest assured, I hit what I aim at.

Johneeo

10/6/17

HWPeeler (HPeeler) said:

Do you expect to be in a revolution against the government?.

Well, Antifa has declared a war to begin on November 4.

HWPeeler (HPeeler)

10/6/17

Johneeo said:

Sometimes criminals do not travel alone. And rest assured, I hit what I aim at.

Okay, argument won. relaxed

HWPeeler (HPeeler)

10/6/17

In that case you might need more than six.

Fuzzy (daFuzzy1959)

10/6/17

That's interesting.... I don't have a gun but hubby does... Years ago, here in Texas, when the Concealed Carry License first became available, hubby was in the first class... it met several times, I can't remember if it was just once a week, but it took a few months... he had to pass a written exam... he had to pass the shooting exam at the gun range... course, he had to pass the background check.... He was still a rare coin dealer at the time and they were often robbed at gun point... He never had to use his gun (it's never been out of the car glove compartment that I know of)... He keeps up with his license.... I'm guessing the requirements are not as stringent as they were about 10 or so years ago... I think it was a good idea to have an educational class on gun laws and safety - there were things he didn't know about specific laws.... You have to take a written and driving exam to drive a car... I think it's wise to do the same if someone wants to carry a concealed gun....

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

10/7/17

HWPeeler (HPeeler) said:

Gun collectors or investors.

Yes, if you are collecting flint lock pistols or blunderbusses, then fine.  Have 500, for all I care.  

But the arsenal pictured above is a different story.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

10/7/17

Johneeo said:

What is the difference if I own one gun, two, five or 20?  One gun kills just as good as the next.

The difference is Las Vegas.  If he had one gun he could not have switched weapons and continued firing.

The respite, no matter how brief, while he changed ammunition could have saved lives as the concert goers got out of the fishbowl and behind cover.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

10/7/17

Johneeo said:

As for killing, cars, trucks, and fertilizer can be so much more effective than guns.

Argh!  This argument infuriates me!

• A car or truck can drive a person to a hospital, saving that person's life.  A gun can not.
  • A knife can remove a bullet, tumor or blocked artery from a body, saving that person's life.  A gun can not.
  • A rope can hoist a person to safety, saving that person's life.  A gun can not.
  • Fertilizer can grow food to feed the starving, saving a person's life.  A gun can not

And my converse are high top black canvas.

I forgot about my thigh high suede boots!

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

10/7/17

Johneeo said:

Well, Antifa has declared a war to begin on November 4.

Aw crap.  Who are they fighting?   Store windows?

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

11/6/17

Packing meat, not heat

In August last year, days after Texas passed its campus carry laws, UT students held a "Cocks Not Glocks"protest where they passed out 5,000 silicone dildos with what Rolling Stone called "the fervour of a humanitarian mission". Flouting a dildo breached the UT code of conduct.

The dick joke went viral.

Cocks not Glocks protest

The chief organiser, Jessica Jin, told Hack the new law had divided the campus. Polls showed about half of students supported the measure, although students carrying guns remained a tiny minority and hard to identify; they kept a low profile to avoid being targeted.

"It created a lot of finger pointing, a lot of students fearing each other," she said.

"Whereas the bigger conversation is why do students have to live in fear constantly?"

This year there have been six shootings on US college campuses with a total of six dead and seven injured. Last year was particularly bad: 14 shootings and nine dead.

"There's a group of students who feel they cannot survive a day in class without a gun," Jessica said.

"Their fear should be treated as valid.

"Why are you so scared about going to class, why do you feel like you can't survive unless you have a gun in your backpack?"

It created this culture of division and mistrust on campus."

Will arming students stop shooters?

The push to allow concealed carry on campus dates back to the Virginia Tech shooting in 2007, when a student stalked the corridors of campus, opening doors and executing the students cowering inside. He killed 32. At the time, it was the US's worst ever mass shooting.

Gun advocates asked: what if the victims had shot back?

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/programs/hack/how-campus-carry-gun-laws-changed-university-of-texas/9124030