Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Decades of sexual harassment    America - all of it

Started 10/6/17 by Johneeo; 49905 views.
Johneeo

10/6/17

Decades of sexual harassment. Admittedly. True. Factual. Trump.

Ashley Judd went to the Peninsula Beverly Hills hotel for what the young actress expected to be a business breakfast meeting. Instead, Trump had her sent up to his room, where he appeared in a bathrobe and asked if he could give her a massage or she could watch him shower, she recalled in an interview.

In 2014, Mr. Trump invited Emily Nestor, who had worked just one day as a temporary employee, to the same hotel and made another offer: If she accepted his sexual advances, he would boost her career, according to accounts she provided to colleagues. The following year, once again at the Peninsula, a female assistant said Trump badgered her into giving him a massage while he was naked, leaving her “crying and very distraught,” wrote a colleague, Lauren O’Connor, in a searing memo asserting sexual harassment and other misconduct by their boss.

“There is a toxic environment for women at this company,” Ms. O’Connor said in the letter, addressed to several executives at the company run by Mr. Trump.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

10/7/17

Why are Leftists to blame for this?

A creep is a creep is a creep.

I don't care who he votes for.

Johneeo

10/7/17

It is the typical hypocrisy of the liberals.

According to them men are pigs.  As much as looking at a woman is sexual harassment.

Compliment a woman, that is harassment.

And now we find out that one of the most powerful men (a liberal democrat) in Hollywood has been a sexual predator.  Where were all of these politically correct liberal caring Hollywood hipsters to allow this to happen for decades?

Also, do you hear a lot of reports on this?  If it was a conservative, the media would be covering this non-stop.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

10/8/17

Johneeo said:

Compliment a woman, that is harassment.

It depends on the compliment.

"I love your hair!" - compliment.

"I love your tits!" - harassment.

Johneeo said:

Also, do you hear a lot of reports on this?  If it was a conservative, the media would be covering this non-stop.

No, because he is not known over here.  Now Rolf Harris, Bill Cosby, Bill Clinton, the guy who did Elmo... those guys we heard about.

Cheers,

Jenifer

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

10/8/17

Please don't make me read Breitbart.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

10/8/17

Wait!  My mistake.

Harvey Weinstein facing new misconduct claim, Donald Trump says allegations against mogul no surprise

Another woman has come forward with sexual harassment claims against Harvey Weinstein, as two lawyers quit the embattled Hollywood mogul's legal team and US President Donald Trump said the allegations against him were no surprise.

Key points:

• TV anchor Lauren Sivan has now detailed an alleged encounter with Harvey Weinstein
  • President Donald Trump said he was not surprised by allegations
  • Two lawyers have quit the movie mogul's legal team

TV news anchor, Lauren Sivan, lodged another claim of misconduct against the Oscar-winning producer, who is confronting sexual harassment allegations dating back years.

She detailed an alleged 2007 encounter with Mr Weinstein in a HuffPost report on Friday.

Ms Sivan, then working at New York cable channel Long Island 12, alleged Mr Weinstein cornered her in the hallway of a Manhattan restaurant which was closed to the public, and masturbated in front of her.

She had rejected an attempt by Mr Weinstein to kiss her.

She claims he responded, "Well, can you just stand there and shut up".

The man is a pig.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-08/weinstein-lawyer-leaves-sexual-harassment-case/9027880

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

10/9/17

And he's out!!!

Harvey Weinstein ousted from co-founded company amid sexual harassment allegations

Harvey Weinstein has been fired from The Weinstein Company in the wake of "new information" about his conduct and a flurry of sexual abuse allegations, the company's board of directors has announced.

Key points:

• Weinstein produced many classics over the years like Pulp Fiction, Shakespeare In Love
  • The Weinstein Company's board includes Harvey's brother Robert
  • The allegations sparked days of chaos at the firm culminating in his termination

Weinstein, 65, had previously taken a voluntary leave of absence after decades of sexual harassment allegations were detailed in a New York Times exposé last week.

The board, which includes Weinstein's brother, endorsed that decision over the weekend, but it went even further this morning, removing Weinstein from the company he co-founded.

So I guess the system works...?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-09/film-producer-harvey-weinstein-terminated-from-weinstein-company/9029656

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

10/11/17

Harvey Weinstein: The jokes we missed in 30 Rock, Entourage and from Seth McFarlane

Five years ago there was a line in an episode of 30 Rock that alluded to Harvey Weinstein having a reputation for asking actresses for sexual favours.

It was a quick jab, buried in a wider plot line about show business, but is now being used as an example of how Weinstein's alleged behaviour has been an "open secret" in Hollywood for years.

"I'm not afraid of anyone in show business," says actress Jenna Maroney, played by Jane Krakowski.

"I turned down intercourse with Harvey Weinstein on no less than three occasions … out of five."

There are also more jokes that show it was an open secret in Hollywood.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-11/references-to-harvey-weinstein-that-we-missed/9039152

And the Late Night talk show hosts are chiming in...

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/10/harvey-weinstein-allegations-sexual-misconduct-colbert-kimmel-seth-meyers-late-night

http://edition.cnn.com/videos/cnnmoney/2017/10/10/weinstein-fallon-kimmel-oliver-colbert-meyers-cws-orig.cnn

Better late than never...