Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Decades of sexual harassment    America - all of it

Started 10/6/17 by Johneeo; 49902 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)

10/13/17

Samantha Bee rips into Harvey Weinstein

'Full Frontal' host skewers Harvey Weinstein, highlights rampant sexual harassment in other industries

Samantha Bee delivered a pointed message to the "creeps of Hollywood" after the Harvey Weinstein scandal, "We know who you are."
Jenifer (Zarknorph)

10/15/17

Harvey Weinstein: Oscars board expels producer from Academy amid sexual assault allegations

Disgraced Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein has been expelled from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences by the board of governors after allegations he sexually harassed or assaulted a number of women over the past three decades.

Key points:

• Board voted "well in excess of the required two-thirds majority" to revoke membership
  • Expulsion follows allegations from a number of women that Weinstein sexually harassed or assaulted them
  • Weinstein insists that any sexual contact he had was consensual

In a brief statement, the organisation behind the Oscars said its board voted "well in excess of the required two-thirds majority" to revoke Weinstein's membership during an emergency meeting this morning.

It said its decision sent a message that "sexually predatory behaviour" in the film industry was over.

"We do so not simply to separate ourselves from someone who does not merit the respect of his colleagues, but also to send a message that the era of wilful ignorance and shameful complicity in sexually predatory behaviour and workplace harassment in our industry is over," the academy said.

Problem solved!!!  Women have won!!!

Oh... except for the pay gap... and body shaming... and rape as entertainment (Game of Thrones, looking at you)... and casual sexism... 

Hollywood loves happy endings, but this script needs more work.

Cheers,

Jenifer

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-15/oscars-board-expels-harvey-weinstein-from-film-academy/9051168

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

10/18/17

I love Carrie Fisher!

Carrie Fisher delivered cow's tongue to sleazy Hollywood producer, friend says

Late Star Wars actress Carrie Fisher reportedly "personally delivered" a cow's tongue in a Tiffany's box to a sleazy Hollywood producer after hearing that he forced himself onto a friend.

Screenwriter Heather Ross claimed the act of retribution happened two weeks after a "high-profile, Oscar-winning" producer forced himself on her in 2000.

Ross said she met him online in an AOL chat room, and said she felt safe to meet up in person to discuss a project because she was "overweight" and had no desire to become an actress.

But within two minutes of picking up Ross for dinner, the producer pulled the car over and used one hand to push her seat back and the other to hold her down while he forced himself on top of her, she said.

"All of that happened and then he said 'you'll never make a movie in my town' and 'get the f*** out of my car'," she told US radio station 94.9 MIXfm.

After she spoke about the incident with Fisher, who had been a "dear friend" for many years after meeting online, Ross said the actress took things into her own hands.

"Two weeks later she sent me a message online and said, 'I just saw [the producer] at Sony Studios. I knew he would probably be there, so I went to his office and personally delivered a Tiffany box wrapped with a white bow'," Ross said.

"I asked her what was inside and she said it was a cow tongue from Jerry's Famous Deli in Westwood with a note that said, 'if you ever touch my darling Heather or any other woman again, the next delivery will be something of yours in a much smaller box!'"

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-18/carrie-fisher-sent-hollywood-producer-cows-tongue-after-assualt/9061006

Now this may all be coming to light 17 years after the incident, but who the hell is the producer?

...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
In reply toRe: msg 13
Jenifer (Zarknorph)

10/18/17

There goes another one...

Amazon Studios executive Roy Price resigns following claims of sexual harassment

Another Hollywood executive has resigned following claims of sexual harassment.

This time it's the head of Amazon's TV and film studio, Roy Price.

Price was a top executive at Amazon Studios, the division of Amazon that produces the Emmy-award winning television series Transparent, and distributed the Oscar-award winning film Manchester by the Sea.

The allegations of sexual harassment against him were published in an exclusive report by The Hollywood Reporter just days after the news emerged about Harvey Weinstein.

In it, Amazon producer Isa Hackett — who worked on the studio's television series Man in the High Castle — claimed Price told her "You will love my dick" as the two shared a taxi in San Diego in 2015.

She claims she told Price she was a lesbian with a wife and children and wasn't interested, but he continued to proposition her.

She also alleges that he yelled "anal sex" in her ear while at a party later that night.

Hackett told The Hollywood Reporter that she reported the incident to Amazon executives immediately, and an investigation was carried out.

However, she says she was never told the outcome of that investigation.

She then decided to go public with her claims when the allegations of sexual harassment emerged against Weinstein earlier this month.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-18/amazon-studios-boss-roy-price-resigns-after-weinstein-scandal/9060956

HWPeeler (HPeeler)

10/19/17

Wow! Now how are those lovely young ladies with minimal talent going to get noticed? No argument it will be an improvement in the behavior of producers and all, but are the ladies going to actually have talent beyond looks?

The girls ask to give a massage or watch a guy take a shower actually do these things? Who's fault is that?

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

10/20/17

Hey Peeler.

Harvey Weinstein had a legal team on standby 24/7 and a pad of non-disclosure contracts in his desk.  It was the first thing he'd whip out (HAH!).

Victim blaming is an easy trap to fall into, but neither of us were there.  First there is the shock and disbelief that a person with serious power (and a beautiful wife) is saying these things, then DOING these things.  I think stunned panic would be a likely reaction that would leave the victim immobile.

But it's not just women.  Corey Feldman and Corey Haim (now deceased) both endured sexual assaults as children, in fact Haim was raped.  Feldman spoke out to Barbara Walters and she didn't believe him.  

The deck is stacked to help the predators, not the victims.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

10/20/17

Harvey Weinstein: Quentin Tarantino 'ashamed' he knew about producer's alleged misconduct

Director Quentin Tarantino, who has worked closely with Harvey Weinstein on multiple films over the past 20 years, says he knew about the Hollywood producer's alleged misconduct and is ashamed he didn't do more about it.

Key points:

• Tarantino says: "I knew enough to do more than I did"
  • Actor Tom Hanks says: "We're at a watershed moment"
  • LA police confirm they're investigating a possible sexual assault case against Weinstein

Tarantino, whose films include the Oscar-winning Django Unchained and Pulp Fiction, tweeted that he was "utterly shocked by the revelations about Harvey" after the news broke earlier this month.

But today he told the New York Times he knew about a few instances of improper conduct and wishes he had taken responsibility at the time.

Yeah, everyone is outraged, yet everyone knew!  But no one was going to risk their career to help his victims at the time.

Hollywood is just another swamp, but with designer sludge.

HWPeeler (HPeeler)

10/20/17

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

Victim blaming is an easy trap to fall into,

Agree. The apparent part is that the poor innocent ladies were there of their own free will.

I think stunned panic would be a likely reaction that would leave the victim immobile.

I disagree that it was stunned panic that caused them to stay. It was "this will help my career". That doesn't help Weisstein's case any. It doesn't make him any less guilty. The crud is still crud.

Minors involved? Hang this guy up by his thumbs and beat him with a two-by-four. Will he benefit from all this by a movie about it? Yuck!

HWPeeler (HPeeler)

10/20/17

Hollywood is just another swamp, but with designer sludge.

Yep!

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

10/20/17

Hey Peeler,

Apparently there is a pedophile ring in Hollywood.

A new documentary is coming out about it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2836062/Bombshell-documentary-Hollywood-pedophile-ring-preying-child-actors-s-linked-X-Men-director-Bryan-Singer-premiers-New-York.html

An Open Secret, by Oscar-nominated documentarian Amy Berg, debuted at the DOC NYC festival Friday

Film claims X-Men star Brian Peck abused a well known child star and got away with it 

Among the men named are talent managers Marty Weiss, Michael Harrah and Bob Villard, who represented Leonardo DiCaprio as a budding actor 

It also includes interviews with Michael Egan III who accused X-Men director Bryan Singer of raping him before dropping his suit earlier this year 

Berg said she has been having trouble finding a distributor for her controversial film.

Also Corey Feldman "wishes he could name names".  I wonder why he can't... 

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/corey-feldman-elijah-wood-hollywood-897403