Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Decades of sexual harassment    America - all of it

Started 10/6/17 by Johneeo; 49904 views.
HWPeeler (HPeeler)

10/20/17

This has been going on for a very long time. This could shake up a lot of Hollywood.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

10/20/17

I think the changes will be just like Hollywood - superficial and hypocritical with everyone focusing on themselves.

Cheers,

Jenifer

HWPeeler (HPeeler)

10/20/17

Perhaps. I think the law suits will have a real and lingering effect. But you are correct in Hollywood being superficial and hypocritical.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

10/22/17

And here's another one...

James Toback: Who is the latest Hollywood mogul accused of sexual harassment?

Just a week after the viral #MeToo campaign, another Hollywood boss has been accused of sexual harassment spanning decades.

This time, The Los Angeles Times has reported that writer and director James Toback has sexually harassed 38 women.

It has been alleged that he approached both young and upcoming actresses, talking up his connections and access to big names.

The meetings, sometimes billed as auditions, would often end with either questions of a personal or sexual nature or with Toback masturbating in front of them, or dry-humping them.

He has denied the allegations.

He is best known for writing the 1991 film Bugsy — starring Hollywood stalwart Warren Beatty — which scored him an Oscar nomination.

Of the 38 women who made the accusations, 31 spoke to the Times on the record.

They include actresses Adrienne LaValley who alleged Toback rubbed himself against her.

Echo Danon, who worked on Toback's film Black and White, said he put his hands on her and said he would ejaculate if she looked at his eyes and pinched his nipples.

She said: "Everyone wants to work, so they put up with it."

Veruca Salt guitarist and singer Louise Post and actress Terri Conn (As the World Turns) have also spoken out.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-23/james-toback-the-latest-from-hollywood-to-face-allegations/9075612

Just looking at him makes my skin crawl...

Mike Tyson left with his arm around director James Toback at the Cannes film festival.

HWPeeler (HPeeler)

10/22/17

I think (hope) we are only seeing the beginning of a trend here.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

10/22/17

One of those trends being that they're all old fat guys.

HWPeeler (HPeeler)

10/22/17

In many cases they could not get laid any other way. relaxed

I have a sister-in-law who started down that world a while back and ran into similar things. She decided it wasn't worth it. In her case the guy is already dead so there is nothing to complain about. I can't say it ruined her life. She was pretty liberal to start with. I don't think many truly conservative ladies head in that direction to start with. You pretty much have be one to say "okay, Ill watch you take a shower". The ladies are not all innocent.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

10/23/17

Maybe not, but the kids were...

Corey Feldman plans to out Hollywood paedophiles following Harvey Weinstein’s downfall

This interview just broke my heart.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

11/4/17

The dominoes are falling...

Kevin Spacey: Netflix severs ties with House of Cards star amid sexual misconduct allegations

Netflix says it is cutting all ties with Kevin Spacey after a series of allegations of sexual harassment and assault.

In a statement, the streaming service said it would not be involved with any further production of House of Cards that includes him.

A spokesperson for the network said Netflix would work with the show's production company Media Rights Capital to evaluate whether House of Cards continues without Spacey.

The Academy Award-winning actor became ensnared in Hollywood's fast-growing sexual harassment crisis after actor Anthony Rapp accused Spacey of trying to seduce him in 1986, when Rapp was 14.

Spacey has said he doesn't remember the alleged encounter but apologised if such "drunken behaviour" occurred.

As part of his apology, Spacey also announced he was gay, but angered many in the LGBT communityand beyond who saw his announcement as an effort to divert attention from the disclosure by Rapp.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-04/netflix-boots-kevin-spacey-from-house-of-cards/9118956

Being gay is not an excuse for assaulting someone!

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

11/10/17

The Weinstein effect has tentacles that reach far beyond Hollywood

A wave of sexual assault and harassment allegations is crashing across the world, reaching into an increasing number of industries with claims men are abusing positions of power.

The New York Times published the article Harvey Weinstein Paid off Sexual Harassment Accusers for Decades on October 5.

Since then, men at the height of several industries have faced sexual assault or harassment allegations.

• Leaders in Hollywood
  • Bosses at media companies
  • Prominent chefs
  • Big names in technology
  • Politicians
  • Academics
  • Judges
  • The list really does go on

There are no geographical boundaries to this surge in allegations either.

Taking a snapshot of our coverage to date in November alone, stories on claims and cases of sexual assault and harassment, as well as women speaking out against violence have included:

Add to that, an Austrian politician resigning amid sexual harassment claims, France's "rat out your pig" movement, similar social media trends in Italy and Spain as well as the countless stories told around the world that had mentions of #metoo on Twitter doing this:

...[Message truncated]
View Full Message