Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Decades of sexual harassment    America - all of it

Started 10/6/17 by Johneeo; 78102 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)

10/8/17

Johneeo said:

Compliment a woman, that is harassment.

It depends on the compliment.

"I love your hair!" - compliment.

"I love your tits!" - harassment.

Johneeo said:

Also, do you hear a lot of reports on this?  If it was a conservative, the media would be covering this non-stop.

No, because he is not known over here.  Now Rolf Harris, Bill Cosby, Bill Clinton, the guy who did Elmo... those guys we heard about.

Cheers,

Jenifer

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

10/8/17

Please don't make me read Breitbart.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

10/8/17

Wait!  My mistake.

Harvey Weinstein facing new misconduct claim, Donald Trump says allegations against mogul no surprise

Another woman has come forward with sexual harassment claims against Harvey Weinstein, as two lawyers quit the embattled Hollywood mogul's legal team and US President Donald Trump said the allegations against him were no surprise.

Key points:

• TV anchor Lauren Sivan has now detailed an alleged encounter with Harvey Weinstein
  • President Donald Trump said he was not surprised by allegations
  • Two lawyers have quit the movie mogul's legal team

TV news anchor, Lauren Sivan, lodged another claim of misconduct against the Oscar-winning producer, who is confronting sexual harassment allegations dating back years.

She detailed an alleged 2007 encounter with Mr Weinstein in a HuffPost report on Friday.

Ms Sivan, then working at New York cable channel Long Island 12, alleged Mr Weinstein cornered her in the hallway of a Manhattan restaurant which was closed to the public, and masturbated in front of her.

She had rejected an attempt by Mr Weinstein to kiss her.

She claims he responded, "Well, can you just stand there and shut up".

The man is a pig.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-08/weinstein-lawyer-leaves-sexual-harassment-case/9027880

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

10/9/17

And he's out!!!

Harvey Weinstein ousted from co-founded company amid sexual harassment allegations

Harvey Weinstein has been fired from The Weinstein Company in the wake of "new information" about his conduct and a flurry of sexual abuse allegations, the company's board of directors has announced.

Key points:

• Weinstein produced many classics over the years like Pulp Fiction, Shakespeare In Love
  • The Weinstein Company's board includes Harvey's brother Robert
  • The allegations sparked days of chaos at the firm culminating in his termination

Weinstein, 65, had previously taken a voluntary leave of absence after decades of sexual harassment allegations were detailed in a New York Times exposé last week.

The board, which includes Weinstein's brother, endorsed that decision over the weekend, but it went even further this morning, removing Weinstein from the company he co-founded.

So I guess the system works...?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-09/film-producer-harvey-weinstein-terminated-from-weinstein-company/9029656

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

10/11/17

Harvey Weinstein: The jokes we missed in 30 Rock, Entourage and from Seth McFarlane

Five years ago there was a line in an episode of 30 Rock that alluded to Harvey Weinstein having a reputation for asking actresses for sexual favours.

It was a quick jab, buried in a wider plot line about show business, but is now being used as an example of how Weinstein's alleged behaviour has been an "open secret" in Hollywood for years.

"I'm not afraid of anyone in show business," says actress Jenna Maroney, played by Jane Krakowski.

"I turned down intercourse with Harvey Weinstein on no less than three occasions … out of five."

There are also more jokes that show it was an open secret in Hollywood.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-11/references-to-harvey-weinstein-that-we-missed/9039152

And the Late Night talk show hosts are chiming in...

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/10/harvey-weinstein-allegations-sexual-misconduct-colbert-kimmel-seth-meyers-late-night

http://edition.cnn.com/videos/cnnmoney/2017/10/10/weinstein-fallon-kimmel-oliver-colbert-meyers-cws-orig.cnn

Better late than never...

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

10/13/17

Samantha Bee rips into Harvey Weinstein

'Full Frontal' host skewers Harvey Weinstein, highlights rampant sexual harassment in other industries

Samantha Bee delivered a pointed message to the "creeps of Hollywood" after the Harvey Weinstein scandal, "We know who you are."
Jenifer (Zarknorph)

10/15/17

Harvey Weinstein: Oscars board expels producer from Academy amid sexual assault allegations

Disgraced Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein has been expelled from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences by the board of governors after allegations he sexually harassed or assaulted a number of women over the past three decades.

Key points:

• Board voted "well in excess of the required two-thirds majority" to revoke membership
  • Expulsion follows allegations from a number of women that Weinstein sexually harassed or assaulted them
  • Weinstein insists that any sexual contact he had was consensual

In a brief statement, the organisation behind the Oscars said its board voted "well in excess of the required two-thirds majority" to revoke Weinstein's membership during an emergency meeting this morning.

It said its decision sent a message that "sexually predatory behaviour" in the film industry was over.

"We do so not simply to separate ourselves from someone who does not merit the respect of his colleagues, but also to send a message that the era of wilful ignorance and shameful complicity in sexually predatory behaviour and workplace harassment in our industry is over," the academy said.

Problem solved!!!  Women have won!!!

Oh... except for the pay gap... and body shaming... and rape as entertainment (Game of Thrones, looking at you)... and casual sexism... 

Hollywood loves happy endings, but this script needs more work.

Cheers,

Jenifer

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-15/oscars-board-expels-harvey-weinstein-from-film-academy/9051168

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

10/18/17

I love Carrie Fisher!

Carrie Fisher delivered cow's tongue to sleazy Hollywood producer, friend says

Late Star Wars actress Carrie Fisher reportedly "personally delivered" a cow's tongue in a Tiffany's box to a sleazy Hollywood producer after hearing that he forced himself onto a friend.

Screenwriter Heather Ross claimed the act of retribution happened two weeks after a "high-profile, Oscar-winning" producer forced himself on her in 2000.

Ross said she met him online in an AOL chat room, and said she felt safe to meet up in person to discuss a project because she was "overweight" and had no desire to become an actress.

But within two minutes of picking up Ross for dinner, the producer pulled the car over and used one hand to push her seat back and the other to hold her down while he forced himself on top of her, she said.

"All of that happened and then he said 'you'll never make a movie in my town' and 'get the f*** out of my car'," she told US radio station 94.9 MIXfm.

After she spoke about the incident with Fisher, who had been a "dear friend" for many years after meeting online, Ross said the actress took things into her own hands.

"Two weeks later she sent me a message online and said, 'I just saw [the producer] at Sony Studios. I knew he would probably be there, so I went to his office and personally delivered a Tiffany box wrapped with a white bow'," Ross said.

"I asked her what was inside and she said it was a cow tongue from Jerry's Famous Deli in Westwood with a note that said, 'if you ever touch my darling Heather or any other woman again, the next delivery will be something of yours in a much smaller box!'"

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-18/carrie-fisher-sent-hollywood-producer-cows-tongue-after-assualt/9061006

Now this may all be coming to light 17 years after the incident, but who the hell is the producer?

...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
In reply toRe: msg 13
Jenifer (Zarknorph)

10/18/17

There goes another one...

Amazon Studios executive Roy Price resigns following claims of sexual harassment

Another Hollywood executive has resigned following claims of sexual harassment.

This time it's the head of Amazon's TV and film studio, Roy Price.

Price was a top executive at Amazon Studios, the division of Amazon that produces the Emmy-award winning television series Transparent, and distributed the Oscar-award winning film Manchester by the Sea.

The allegations of sexual harassment against him were published in an exclusive report by The Hollywood Reporter just days after the news emerged about Harvey Weinstein.

In it, Amazon producer Isa Hackett — who worked on the studio's television series Man in the High Castle — claimed Price told her "You will love my dick" as the two shared a taxi in San Diego in 2015.

She claims she told Price she was a lesbian with a wife and children and wasn't interested, but he continued to proposition her.

She also alleges that he yelled "anal sex" in her ear while at a party later that night.

Hackett told The Hollywood Reporter that she reported the incident to Amazon executives immediately, and an investigation was carried out.

However, she says she was never told the outcome of that investigation.

She then decided to go public with her claims when the allegations of sexual harassment emerged against Weinstein earlier this month.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-18/amazon-studios-boss-roy-price-resigns-after-weinstein-scandal/9060956

HWPeeler (HPeeler)

10/19/17

Wow! Now how are those lovely young ladies with minimal talent going to get noticed? No argument it will be an improvement in the behavior of producers and all, but are the ladies going to actually have talent beyond looks?

The girls ask to give a massage or watch a guy take a shower actually do these things? Who's fault is that?