Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Confederate Statues Have To Go   America - all of it

Started Jul-10 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 8069 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jul-10

In reply toRe: msg 1
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jul-18

In reply toRe: msg 2
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

CamGeary

Aug-9

Lee, a far greater man than any of the douchebags who vandalize his statues...

CamGeary said...

Lee, a far greater man than any of the

There are many "Lee"s. Do you mean, "Robert E. Lee", Confederate General? 

How many "douchebags who vandalize" pigeon toilets led armed combatants against the United States of America?

slackerx

Aug-9

CamGeary said:

Lee, a far greater man than any of the douchebags who vandalize his statues...

This happens all over the world. For example, in Cauca there are two statues that are featured prominently in some of the bambuco patiano music videos that I post.

One of them was toppled recently, and the other hasn't been.

• Edited August 9, 2021 1:36 pm  by  slackerx
CamGeary

Aug-9

The Anti Karen/Anti Insurrectionist guy (mahjong54) said...

How many "douchebags who vandalize" pigeon toilets led armed combatants against the United States of America?

You have a problem with that?

slackerx

Aug-9

CamGeary said:

The Anti Karen/Anti Insurrectionist guy (mahjong54) said... How many "douchebags who vandalize" pigeon toilets led armed combatants against the United States of America?

The USA may not be perfect, but that could be said about a lot of countries.

Hell, even Colombia isn’t perfect, but it’s still widely recognized as the Happiest Country in the World. (Remember how we talked about that at the Tribe, back in the day? Were you there then? I forget.)

Every country has problems, Cam.

I mean, think about it, Cam. If even Colombia isn’t perfect, then no country in the world is perfect. Not even our our own.

We just need to enjoy life, be happy, and keep singing truth to power.

Just remember, there have been times when things have been much, much worse than they are today. 

And many folks still survived over the centuries, including my wife’s culture.

There is a lot to learn from advanced cultures who survived against all odds, and who still maintained their balance throughout it all. 

Not every culture suffered the fate of Las Sindaguas (I know that I don't have to tell you who they are). Las Sindaguas may have scattered to the mountains under pressure from the Spanish, after massacres like El Castigo (The Punishment) in 1635. But my wife’s ancestors quickly moved into the opportunity space (a people without a land for a land without a people, as they say) and established El Palenque de El Castigo and thrived.

Remember, the late Fr. Phil Berrigan and his wife, Liz McAllister (I know that I don't have to tell you who they are), used to have a sign hanging on their wall in Spanish, back when I was in grad school in Baltimore. It translated to “Don’t let the Bastards Grind You Down”.

Alex Quin ft Adrian Viafara, Coca Por Coco (COVER) Herencia De Timbiqui

• Edited August 9, 2021 11:27 pm  by  slackerx

CamGeary said...

Are you asking if I have a problem with people who take up arms against the USA? Yes. You don't?

CamGeary

Aug-10

“When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government”. -Jefferson