Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Is Catholicism Shit?   Religion

Started Jul-26 by slackerx; 1711 views.
slackerx

Poll Question From slackerx

Jul-26

Is Catholicism Shit?
  • Yes.3  votes
    30%
  • No.6  votes
    60%
  • Only Black Catholicism is Shit.1  vote
    10%
Yes. 
No. 
Only Black Catholicism is Shit. 
In reply toRe: msg 1
slackerx

Jul-26

When my wife was a child more than half a century ago, she had to move. Her new neighbors at the time would harass her and her family, crying "Esos Negros Patianos!" ("Those Negros Patianos!" - very offensive in spanish - and my wife says it with a sneer, which doesn't help, either).

They would have parties every weekend, and my wife would dance. The neighbors would call the police, because they didn't like my wife's culture (a Palenque culture, an illegal culture, a culture of Black superiority, and a culture of War). They didn't like my wife's religion (Roman Catholic - a religion of Black superiority, and a religion of War). They didn't like my wife's music (Bambuco Patiano - known in Colombia as "la Música de Guerra" - The Music of War). They didn't like the way my wife danced (Bambuco Patiano). 

Afropatianos and their religion were very much looked down upon at the time. Afropatianos were viewed as criminals, thieves and murderers.

Of course, these attitudes didn't begin just half a century ago. They go back about 500 years. And in some places (like the USA), such attitudes still exist.    

• Edited July 26, 2021 1:20 pm  by  slackerx
In reply toRe: msg 2
slackerx

Jul-26

"If you know your history

Then you would know where you coming from

Then you wouldn't have to ask me

Who the heck do I think I am"

Buffalo Soldier - Bob Marley

"Stolen from Africa, brought to America

Fighting on arival, fighting for survival"

In reply toRe: msg 1
slackerx

Jul-26

OK, so somebody voted that Catholic Cultures are Mierda.

Would that person be willing to come here and explain what they have against Catholic cultures?

Let's discuss this. 

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jul-27

I did.

Catholicism is misogynistic, arrogant, non-inclusive, persecutorial, hypocritical, abusive, greedy, bigoted and completely out of touch with the modern world.

Which one would you like to discuss first?

slackerx

Jul-27

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said...

I did.

Catholicism is misogynistic, arrogant, non-inclusive, persecutorial, hypocritical, abusive, greedy, bigoted and completely out of touch with the modern world.

Which one would you like to discuss first?

The one in red would probably be the one most immediatly and obviously applicable to my wife's religion (which is where this discussion actually started). Some of the others also apply, so actually, we could go through the entire list, although it may take some time to find examples and/or refutations of the others as well, sometimes both, especially when somebody sets fire to their church. (Much of the information is in Spanish, but much of it is also grabable, so I can copy it into a computer translator. I had to type out the story of Bolívar's revolutionary forces setting fire to the church in Patía in Spanish by hand, because all I had is a hard copy of the book with all the pages falling out. If you click on the link at amazon.com, you might notice that I snatched up their last copy.)

A religion of War and a religion of Black superiority is bound to have several of the elements that you listed, but some of them don't really apply very well, or only apply partially, so we'll have to go through the list one-by-one.

Nice list, by the way. I'd add a couple of things to the list, though. Music and dance are very important in my wife's religion. 

• Edited July 27, 2021 8:16 am  by  slackerx
slackerx

Jul-29

I also have some information about Catholic attitudes about cattle rustling. 

For some reason, there appears to be a difference between Black Catholicism and white catholicism when it comes to cattle rustling. 

Hopefully, tomorrow, if it's not too hot, I'll feel up to selecting a passage and pop it in the translator app. (It was as hot as Patia here today.)

My wife's religion is a religion of War and a religion of Black Superiority. That may help to explain some of the differences.

As experienced Warriors, they know when they are making pacts with the devil, and they know the dangers of doing so. I believe that all three of the great mulato military leaders in patia suffered a bad fate when the devil came looking for their souls. Their deaths caused a power vacume, that Jose Maria Obando stepped into. Afropatianos became his power base. He was protected by the Virgin of Sorrow. Since he was white, the devil wouldn't give him the time of day. (According to anthropologists, this is just evidence of Black Superiority.) 

Somehow, violinists manage to make pacts with the devil without bad things happening to them. I'm not sure how. It seems to be a great mystery, and may help to explain why violins are so important in my wife's religion.

• Edited July 29, 2021 1:22 am  by  slackerx
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jul-29

I wrote non-inclusive to refer to (among other things) the refusal to ordain women.

It makes no sense, whatsoever, to be so overtly prejudiced against women - when Mary is central to the faith.

slackerx

Jul-29

I do have some passages on the sexual division of labor and the matriarchy/patriarchy thingie.

And it is certainly true that after after Bolivar's revolutionaries set fire to the church and that garrison of soldados patriotas surrendered, it was a man giving the orders and the women carrying out the orders, so you got me there.

But I think that we are talking about a social matriarchy embedded within a legal patriarchy, so both elements ought to be present to some degree. I'll have to look that up, too, just to make sure. 

You shouldn't believe anything that I say without documentation of some form. I know I don't. I have the sources, but don't trust my memory withour consulting them. I do know who the experts are, so that helps.

• Edited July 29, 2021 3:20 am  by  slackerx