Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Australia Needs To Step Up   Australia and Oceania

Started 8/20/21 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 3702 views.
adwil

10/21/21

My old ears need the help of subtitles, especially if the actors speak US English.

In reply toRe: msg 60
NISSY (NISSY2)

10/21/21

I think you will really enjoy "Better than US". It shows a Moscow similar to the one we saw when we visited three years ago.

Police corruption is part of the plot along with greed. The acting was very good. The punk gang was a little immature but when I figured out what was happening it was OK.

adwil

10/21/21

You enjoy it, Nissy, It isn't the sort of thing I watch.

In reply toRe: msg 62
NISSY (NISSY2)

10/21/21

I will be waiting for the next season which has already been approved but after the last episode, I can see where it has anywhere to go.

When Love Child was complete after four seasons, there was nowhere for a fifth season to go. They were tidy with the last episode not leaving enough loose ends for another season plus the actors were aging.

In reply toRe: msg 62
NISSY (NISSY2)

10/21/21

Have you seen "The Night Manager"? We saw it on Netflix and I thought it was pretty good. Hugh Laurie played a corrupt arms dealer in Syria. His wife was played by Elizabeth Debicki who will be Diana in the next episodes of "The Crown"
adwil

10/21/21

It's not the sort of thing I choose to watch. 

In the next weeks I'll be watching the new, human powered Cowboy Bebop. Then there's the Wheel of Time which may grab me as much as Game of Thrones, didn't. 

In reply toRe: msg 65
NISSY (NISSY2)

10/21/21

I watched one episode of Game of Thrones and it was far too violent for me.

I like comedy the most. For a scifi comedy, the Finnish movie "Star Wreck, In the Pirkining" is great and it is watchable on You Tube. It is a parody on Star Trek. Captain Perk has to travel in time to save the universe. He succeeds but ends up on a frozen beach in Hawaii during the ice age.

Nobody was paid to make the movie. It is made by volunteers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iD3YlavEm4

Finns are my kind of people.

adwil

10/21/21

NISSY (NISSY2) said:

Nobody was paid to make the movie. It is made by volunteers.

Not for me.

In reply toRe: msg 67
NISSY (NISSY2)

10/21/21

I love art.
In reply toRe: msg 67
Di (amina046)

10/21/21

Me either!