Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Commonwealth refugees swilling chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Oct-16

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Oct-16

bml00

Oct-16

Trump is facing an enormous backlash for his actions which were clearly done with almost no thought at all to the possible outcome of a Turkish invasion at the same time Erdogan is facing an equal back lash for his actions .

IMO Erdogan wont give a damn , his political standing has been waning for some time , his economy is slowing dramatically and his autocratic style is not winning votes .

Syria is a failed state with Iran and its own machinations , Russia with its own vision , The Kurds the Israelis the EU and the US also having vested interests.

The push into Syria will get more and more dangerous as the Turks have to be cautious on who they come into contact with and there will be umpteen special forces units operating all over the war zone

BM

BerrySteph

Oct-16

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

Turkey's President slaps down a call from Donald Trump for a ceasefire in north-eastern Syria.

Very reluctantly I'm on Turkey's side on this one.

Those 3.4 refugees cannot be allowed to stay in Turkey, they must go back to Syria.

This is the same policy that Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and Egypt should have taken in 1948.

The immediate suffering of the victims (and in this case, creating new ones) may be very great but the cost of not doing this is devastating to any chance of a functioning society.

bml00

Oct-16

As far as I know the refugees in Turkey do not feel safe to return to Syria , they are not being stopped by either Turkey or Syria but simply do not feel safe under the present conditions in Syria , that numb nuts agrees with Erdogan is irrelevant, has anybody asked the refugees what they want ?

BM

BerrySteph

Oct-16

bml00 said:

As far as I know the refugees in Turkey do not feel safe to return to Syria

They cannot be allowed to fester in Turkey, the way the Palestinians have festered all over the Middle East.

bml00

Oct-16

The Syrian refugees DO NOT want to return to a land where there is war and a leader who is a butcher

Why did about 1 million come to Germany ?

BM

BerrySteph

Oct-16

bml00 said:

The Syrian refugees DO NOT want to return to a land where there is war and a leader who is a butcher

I'm forced to conclude that Erdogan is right on this one - at least, on sending the refugees back to Syria where they came from. (Whether it was right or necessary to attack the Kurds, I don't know.)

Meanwhile, its a huge shame and threat to the world that Erdogan treatment of the Syrian refugees wasn't done to the Palestinians.

bml00

Oct-16

The idiot concludes doubt more could be said

BM

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Oct-17

Trump is now going through the standard stages of a breakup.

Now he is declaring the Kurds are worse terrorists than ISIS.