Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Delta Air Lines jacks up health insurance premiums for unvaccinated employees   America - all of it

Started Aug-27 by Raven2018; 7179 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Aug-29

Hello David.

Welcome!  Welcome! Welcome!!

davidnesh said:

But with the restrictions, there may be no need for planes and pilots. 

Good point.

It's all about liability.  If a passenger catches COVID from the flight crew - it's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Aug-30

John Mulaney is great.

This is his take on Trump being president.

Super funny.

The English language is fun!!!!

Delta airlines I think is named after the geological feature "Delta". The Delta variant is named after a Greek letter.

Raven2018

Sep-1

ROFL!!! He's really funny!!!

CzoeMC

Sep-1

A person with diabetes, heart conditions, cancer, etc. pays a higher workplace insurance premium than those without such conditions, as an example.

A person choosing not to get the vaccine is a risk to all in the same insurance pool as far as heightening medical costs for the entire pool.

Therefore, those who choose not to get the vaccine should pay higher premiums. After all, Covid care is very expensive.

Should all fellow employees share the burden of the cost of the non-vaccinated? Hardly seems fair.

IMHO, pay up, if you won't vax. Put your money where your arm isn't.

*Another example for universal health care, but the un-vaxed would still clog up the hospitals.

• Edited September 1, 2021 8:39 pm  by  CzoeMC
Raven2018

Sep-1

The fact is, that even (some of) those who are vaccinated are contracting Covid-19 for a second time, and even if they have no symptoms they can still be spreading Covid. So, why would they pay a lower insurance premiums?

Perhaps, these vaccinated persons (with breakthrough Covid) are overweight, smoke, drink alcohol excessively, use illegal drugs, have a poor diet, do not exercise, don't get enough sleep, nor religiously wash their hands.

So, shouldn't they have higher workplace insurance premiums?

I am 74 years-old, and I have never had a flu shot, and I have not had the flu in 20 years. I take very good care of myself (in every way) and, consequently, have a great immune system. If I were still employed, it would be unfair to charge me a higher insurance premium, because I have chosen not to get vaccinated.

How about persons, who get the seasonal flu and spreads it? And they live, but the person whom they spread it to dies?

Should people who don't get the seasonal flu shot, pay higher insurance premiums; even though it might be the person who  gets a flu shot, annually, who is spreading the flu not the person who didn't get the flu shot?

There are too many variables, unknowns, and no guarantees to be charging people who don't get the Covid-19 vaccine higher workplace insurance premiums ... than those who are vaccinated.

CzoeMC

Sep-1

I respectfully disagree. Though you may not have known it, your workplace insurance premiums may have reflected your good health while you were still working.

As you have been out of the workplace for some time, you might not be aware that many corporations offer lower insurance premiums to those who don't smoke, and enter exercise programs. Is that reverse discrimination?

Since a much higher percentage of risks contributed to contracting Covid result in huge medical costs, and likelihood of death, than the seasonal flu, during a Pandemic, the correlation is moot.

• Edited September 1, 2021 10:52 pm  by  CzoeMC
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

I know!! If you look him up on YouTube, be prepared to lose a day.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Yes, vaccinated people can spread COVID.  

The difference is the unvaccinated are about 30 times more likely to be hospitalised.

That's where the high costs come in.