Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Delta Air Lines jacks up health insurance premiums for unvaccinated employees   America - all of it

Started 8/27/21 by Raven2018; 7748 views.
CzoeMC

9/15/21

katiek2 said:

or have verified medical conditions that preclude taking the vaccine.  

Certainly, those who can't have the vaccine should be protected from us all who have or not have been vaccinated, herd immunity, but until we have that, masks requirements should be observed and mandated to protect the innocent.

katiek2

9/15/21

CzoeMC said:

those who can't have the vaccine should be protected from us all who have or not have been vaccinated,

I agree.  The problem with a universal mandate that punishes all who do not get the jab is that it does not take into account persons with verified medical conditions that preclude the vaccine.  It also does not recognize the protection of antibodies due to previous covid infection as a reason not to be forced to be vaccinated. 

CzoeMC said:

masks requirements should be observed and mandated to protect the innocent.

Again, I agree.  However, we were talking about a national vaccination mandate which punishes anyone who refuses to "take the jab" for any reason, not a mask mandate.  Americans are not being fired, or being threatened with losing their jobs, over not wearing a mask.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

9/16/21

katiek2 said:

The problem with a universal mandate that punishes all who do not get the jab is that it does not take into account persons with verified medical conditions that preclude the vaccine.

Are you sure?

Biden’s order for executive branch workers and contractors includes exceptions for workers seeking religious or medical exemptions from vaccination, according to press secretary Jen Psaki.

Sweeping new vaccine mandates for 100 million Americans (apnews.com)

Raven2018

9/18/21

CzoeMC said:

The provable part of them doing "wrong" is simply being like a Dennis the Menace, stamping the collective feet as if spoiled princesses, saying "NO NO I WON'T get the vaccine, because libs told me to, and I trust Trump's scientific knowledge more than doctors". I am so glad that you continue to be in good health, without the vaccine, but more and more people are dying in hospitals every day from covid.

The doctors and nurses are overwhelmed (my best friend's hubby is a covid care nurse), and people are afraid to go to the hospital for chest pains, diabetic emergencies, etc, because the hospitals are full up. And they don't want to get the variant, even while vaccinated.

Even though it is smaller in numbers, fully vaccinated people are dying from the complications of having contracted Covid-19, and some people are dying from the Covid-19 vaccine, itself. 7 fully vaccinated Florida COVID-19 patients die in what doctors say is extremely rare situation | WFLA

We don't know what possible long-term negative affects there could be from the vaccine, which could show-up in the future? I wouldn't be surprised, if there is damage done to the heart of some people; considering the immediate heart problems/inflammation that some have experienced upon getting the vaccine.

There are millions of people, (like me) who have never had a flu shot; so it has nothing to do with Trump who, is responsible for "Warp Speed," and got vaccinated himself.

I can assure, that I am not a "spoiled princess" ... I have taken everything into consideration, and then made my choice accordingly.

Considering, the advice that Dr. Fauci, the WHO, and the CDC gave from January-March 2o2o I don't know why anyone would, necessarily, trust them?

Nancy Pelosi, didn't do anyone any favors, either, with her advice.

On January 21, 2020, Dr. Fauci said: “This is not a major threat to the people of the United States and this is not something that the citizens of the United States should be worried about right now.

On February 24, 2020, The World Health Organization (WHO) said, "The coronavirus that broke out in Wuhan, China, late last year is not a pandemic. WHO Director-General Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said the virus, named COVID-19, is not spreading in an un-contained way. "

On February 25, 2020, Nancy Pelosi toured San Francisco's Chinato
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
katiek2

9/18/21

I found nothing in the article you posted that mentions exemptions.  Did I miss it...

Oops - found the statement.  It specifies Federal workers.  I would hope those exemptions apply to everyone.  

• Edited September 18, 2021 9:06 pm  by  katiek2
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

9/19/21

katiek2 said:

I would hope those exemptions apply to everyone.

I think he can only grant exemption status to branches of government.  He would not have the right to say what (eg) Walmart does.

As for religious exemptions, however...

katiek2

10/8/21

I am vax'd, but if it had been MANDATED at the time I got the jab, I doubt I would have done it.  The only real reason for a relligious exemption, IMHO, is if the vaccine offered to you is based on fetal tissue used in the manufacture of it.  Needless to say, the number of people claiming religious exemption is suspect.  I do understand the push back against a MANDATE though.  

BTW, this kid is full of himself and is a joke (just my opinion).

• Edited October 8, 2021 8:27 am  by  katiek2
Alm (JurgensenAlm)

10/8/21

When I quested the administration at Miami Heart where my husband had 5 by-passes about the L O N G bill which had things on it that He'd never had here is what I was told:  YOU HAVE EXCELLENT HLTH INSURANCE WHERE U DON'T HAVE TO PAY AN XTRA PENNY.  Me:  What?  Clerk:  WHO DO U THINK PAYS FOR THE POOR WHO NEED BYPASS SURGERY & HAVE NO INSURANCE?  Me:  R U saying that this is the 'norm' these days?  Clerk:  Check it out.

And so I did.  Yes...it is perfectly legal to "pad' bills of the insured...and there's nothing U can do about it.

Furthermore when I questioned some seniors about their healthcare I was shocked to hear that many of them HAD no supplementary Hlth ins.  Even the wealthy people.  Their final bills were half of what my husband's was.  Same heart surgeons/same care.  I pay $267.81/month for my Principal hlth ins.  (husband has since passed).  Plus $85.10 is taken out of my SS.  

Better to B poor OR play the system and get away with it. Sigh.

Alm (JurgensenAlm)

10/8/21

The Advantage healthcare ins. plans R the bane of our existence IMO.  People who unwittingly go into them find to their dismay that there R limitations...sure U can get all the dental/eyeglasses/rides etc BUT U have to live in certain zip codes.

These things aren't worth the powder to shoot them to Hell.

There R a bevvy of 'plans' from which to choose....it behooves One to THINK, THINK. B4 choosing.