Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Alec Baldwin Shoots Two   America - all of it

Started Oct-23 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 333 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Oct-23

In reply toRe: msg 1
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Oct-23

In reply toRe: msg 2
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Oct-23

Trouble on set reported

The Los Angeles Times and Deadline Hollywood cited several members of the crew and others close to the production as saying six or seven camera operators had walked off the Rust set hours before the tragedy.

Both outlets also reported that there had been at least one previous misfire with the prop gun.

"We cited everything from lack of payment for three weeks, taking our hotels away despite asking for them in our deals, lack of COVID safety, and on top of that, poor gun safety! Poor on-set safety period!" one camera crew member wrote on a private Facebook page, according to Deadline.

The crew member said after the walkout on Thursday morning, "They brought in four non-union guys to replace us and tried calling the cops on us."

NISSY (NISSY2)

Oct-23

It looks very suspicious and a possible manslaughter or murder by one of the crew who walked off of the job who had a motive of mischief. The dispute was over hotel accommodations promised by the management that might have included Baldwin.

At age nine, Joel was a good friend of our son who lived across the street. Len Wiseman also grew up on that street and the three boys used to film each other with my JVC video camera pretending to act in movies. Now they are all grown up with two of them making movies in Hollywood and our son making a living in Oslo.

Joel is a screenplay writer and I may try to offer him my novel to write a screenplay. I wonder if he remembers me?

The historical novel is an ebook called "Abram's Fortune" about an African slave who ends up being adopted by Peter the Great in Moscow at age ten.

Di (amina046)

Oct-23

On which of the many sites you visit did you get your conspiracy theory?

NISSY (NISSY2)

Oct-23

I call it speculation.
NISSY (NISSY2)

Oct-25

The problem is identified. This production management allowed crew members to use props for their own recreation off duty.

According to website TMZ, citing multiple sources, the pistol that went off in Alec Baldwin's hands, killing Halyna Hutchins and injuring director Joel Souza, had been used recreationally by crew.

Some of the crew would go off for target practice using real bullets, and some believe a live round from those practice sessions found its way onto the set, the website reports.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/halyna-hutchins-gun-rust-set-fatal-shooting-target-practice/

Firearms needed for filming should always be in possession of the armorer and never loaned out for personal use. Crew can get their own firearm and ammo for personal use.
Oomp (AstroLib)

Oct-25

Well, it doesn't take long for the quips to start these days. I've come across a fewick .I like this one:

Seems the producers of  SNL won't be using Baldwin playing Donald Trump anymore, but figure he should be a perfect fit for Dick Cheney.

Thank you, Reddit

-Oomp

NISSY (NISSY2)

Oct-26

Baldwin looks like a Dino, Democrat in name only, who laughs all of the way to the bank. The movie might have been made in New Mexico because California has stricter regulations.

There was a workers walk-out the same day of the accident over compensation and safety issues.

As an on the set producer, Baldwin was most likely part of that dispute that upset the routine of filming.

And covid played a role in the tragedy. The gun had to be kept outside on a cart because of covid. This upset the routine of the armorer who would have had a chance re-check the gun for safety inside before giving it to Baldwin.

The assistant director was out of line in getting the gun himself and declaring it "cold gun" instead of asking the armorer to get it.

Management was very sloppy because there had been other mistakes with live guns on the set. The careers of Baldwin, Halls, Souza, and Guiterrez-Reed will suffer because of this incident.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/inexperienced-armorer-tight-budget-walk-offs-trouble-was-brewing-on-baldwin-film/ar-AAPS0p2