Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The GOP is dead, the RNC is dead   America - all of it

Started 5/2/22 by OSarge (AKA Finkle) (mahjong54); 822 views.
ElDotardo

Aug-14

Nice picture. I was stationed at Ft Sill for awhile - it's near Lawton. Didn't have an opportunity to explore that area.

If my strongly held beliefs offend, well, that's on you. Would you prefer I lie and try to 'make nice?' That's what Republicans do. I am a Constitutional conservative, and as such, yes, I have strong views when I see my country assaulted by the Marxist Democrats and/or the Spineless GOP.

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'BEALITY REALITY DOESN'T GO AWAY WHEN IT IS IGNORED. THOMAS SOWELL'

NISSY (NISSY2)

Aug-14

My problem with partisan people is that they are generally hypocrites who lack the ability to think and that is the same if they are liberals or conservatives. If they are liberal, they support every liberal position and if they are conservative, they support every conservative position. I happen to support women's rights but I oppose affirmative action, one is liberal and the other is conservative. Partisan people can't do that.
NISSY (NISSY2)

Aug-14

I was only in Lawton for a couple of days but I liked it a lot. There is a good Comanche museum there and I got to talk a long time to one of the natives.
ElDotardo

Aug-14

Well, then, I cannot be partisan by your own definition. I too support women's rights and have opposed affirmative action once its initial purpose was achieved. Of course the devil is in the details, and while I cannot claim to be a thinker on par with a Thomas Sowell or Victor Davis Hansen, I am capable of reading their books and find within them cogent arguments which generally support my positions.

My basic approach to any issue is to first ask, does it enhance or constrict individual freedom. In my experience liberals prefer to restrict it, but Republicans often disappoint by their own spineless acts - their 'go along to get along' approach has led us frighteningly close to becoming a banana republic. [I even have a topic at DiverseCity describing my enmity regarding the GOP: Why I Am NOT a REPUBLICAN  

ElDotardo

Aug-14

I didn't get off base much - too busy preparing for my stint in Southeast Asia *chuckle*.

NISSY (NISSY2)

Aug-14

Lawton has a great Korean restaurant, almost as good as the one I visited in Mongolia.
NISSY (NISSY2)

Aug-15

So you are pro choice. That does surprise me. Most Republican law makers are not.
ElDotardo

Aug-15

A. I am not a Republican, law maker or otherwise.

B. I am not pro-choice, and I was happy to see Roe overturned and the issue returned to the States where it belonged. BTW, in Kansas where I presently reside, voters decided they wanted no restrictions on a women's ability to abort her child. That's the approach I support as it honors individual freedom as opposed to State imposed mandates. It leaves the choice up to voters, so in that sense I suppose I am pro-choice after all.

NISSY (NISSY2)

Aug-15

Then you don't support the freedom of a woman's right to her own body. You do not support individual rights because a fetus has to be born to be an American citizen. It is in the constitution. You are not what you claim to be.

The abortion issue is what will sink the Republicans in future elections because women can vote.

katiek2

Aug-24

Not all women feel it's their right to kill their child before, during or after it's birth.