Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Is ISIS defeated?   Africa and the Middle East

Started 11/10/17 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 46394 views.
RGoss99

11/12/17

Smart bombs do not discriminate, so "colateral damage" is creating a lot of enemies, out of people, who though unhappy under Saddam, were by and large, not individually as worse off, as they are now with U.S. caused chaos, innocent death, and mistreatment.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

11/12/17

Yep.

Kill a little boy's father, create a pissed off fundamentalist.

In reply toRe: msg 6
Jenifer (Zarknorph)

11/18/17

Islamic State loses last occupied town as Iraqi forces capture Rawa, military says

Iraqi forces say they have captured the border town of Rawa — the last remaining town under control of the Islamic State (IS) militant group — signalling the complete defeat of the group's self-proclaimed caliphate.

The capture of the town marks the end of IS's era of territorial rule over a so-called caliphate that it proclaimed in 2014 across vast swathes of Iraq and Syria.

Iraqi forces "liberated Rawa entirely, and raised the Iraqi flag over its buildings" Lieutenant General Abdul Ameer Rasheed Yarallah said in a statement from the Joint Operations Command.

Rawa borders Syria, whose army declared victory over the militants on November 9, after seizing the last substantial town on the border with Iraq.

"With the liberation of Rawa we can say all the areas in which Daesh is present have been liberated," a military spokesman said, referring to IS by an Arabic acronym.

Iraqi forces will now focus on routing militants who fled into the desert and exert control over Iraq's borders, he said.

Iraq Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi congratulated his forces on retaking Rawa, saying in a statement that Iraqi forces liberated the town in record time and were continuing operations to retake control of Iraq's western desert and the border area with Syria.

Iraq's Defence Ministry said the assault on the town began at dawn and was complete within hours.

Despite IS' significant territorial losses, the group's media arm remains intact, allowing it to still recruit supporters and inspire new attacks.

Iraqi and American officials say IS militants are expected to continue carrying out insurgent-style attacks in Syria, Iraq and beyond.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-17/iraqi-forces-recapture-last-islamic-state-held-town/9163944

In reply toRe: msg 7
Jenifer (Zarknorph)

12/10/17

Islamic State routed from Iraq after government forces retake areas along Syrian border

Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi says Iraqi forces have driven the last remnants of Islamic State from the country, three years after the militant group captured about a third of Iraq's territory.

Key points:

• Iraq has ended the war against Islamic State after it captured a third of Iraq's territory three years ago
  • Last month Iraqi forces captured the last remaining town under Islamic State control
  • Iraq's Prime Minister says Islamic State was defeated through the unity of the nation

The Iraqi forces recaptured the last areas still under IS control along the border with Syria, state television quoted Mr Abadi as telling an Arab media conference in Baghdad.

Several squadrons of Iraqi helicopters flew over Baghdad carrying Iraqi flags at noon, in an apparent rehearsal for a victory parade that Iraq is planning to hold in the coming days.

Members of Iraqi forces make a "V" sign as they arrive to take part in a victory celebration.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-10/islamic-state-completely-defeated-in-iraq,-pm-says/9243664

So who takes over next?

bml00

12/16/17

Terrorists are like mushrooms, you cut their heads off and they grow somewhere else. BM

In reply toRe: msg 9
Jenifer (Zarknorph)

12/16/17

Hi BM!

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome! 

There is one thing that always bothers me about the whole mess.

When terrorists attack the west we reply with a rallying cry "You will not win!"  "You will not change our way of life!"  

I do it, too.

But if terrorists with bombs will not sway us, then surely allied forces with bombs will not sway them.

I guess the plan is to wipe everyone out so there is no one left to attack anyone.

Until the next generation...

bml00

12/17/17

Terrorism is changing your life , it is changing the attitude of everybody there are now more armed police and secret service everywhere , your every move, your every mail is monitored for any given word believed to be suspicious , malls and stations are now more patrolled and it will get worse .

The terrorists are the kamikaze pilots of yesterday , they belief in their death , the more they can kill the greater their glory .

They wont win simply because there are not enough of them , if their numbers were sufficient they would bring mayhem.

ISIL will lay low and regroup, they are all over the Middle East , North Africa and Asia with cells everywhere

Fear them , never ever underestimate them and stay vigilant

BM

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

12/17/17

The Taliban have definitely been known to just wait out the "invasion" and take back territory when the forces pull out.

You can't stop dissent from occurring inside the private homes of people.

That is why the war needs to be fought on an ideological front.  I don't mean saying "your religion is stupid", I mean holding IS accountable for the human rights atrocities committed against Muslims.

Also, Myanmar needs serious world attention.  It's not helping that genocide is happening right now and no one is speaking up about it.

bml00

12/18/17

President Obama gave the date for withdrawal of the troops , a wise strategy if you in the Taliban .

I am not sure how to fight radicalism , everybody has a good idea but none of them have gained traction , if you believe being nice to people and telling them where they are going wrong is going to help be my guest, for Christmas I can send you a large R

bml00

12/18/17

You apparently dont have an edit ability once I sent the mail , I sent it unfinished

President Obama gave the date for withdrawal of the troops , a wise strategy if you in the Taliban .

I am not sure how to fight radicalism , everybody has a good idea but none of them have gained traction , if you believe being nice to people and telling them where they are going wrong is going to help be my guest, for Christmas I can send you a large Rock to bang your head against .

The few times in History when insurgents were beaten was when the otherside became utterly ruthless , if we are to fight wars with one hand tied then why fight or lose men believing we can fight according to moral or ethical codes the otherside see as weakness

BM