Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Commonwealth refugees swilling chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Is ISIS defeated?   Africa and the Middle East

Started 11/10/17 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 17028 views.
BerrySteph

Apr-21

That's OK - Obama and David Cameron brought about this mess, toppling a secular leader and arming millions of jihadis against us - what could possibly go wrong?

If anything were to be going wrong, send them back to fix it.

bml00

Apr-21

As I previously advised you history and honesty are not Berry's forte .

Whether you are dealing with Libya and Gaddafi or Syria and Assad  or Iraq and Saddam etc you are not dealing with anything other than self imposed tyrants who have disposed with anybody who they perceived were a threat .

The defence of these ruthless incredibly vicious people is little short of boggling but Berry will and he has defended Hitler and Eichmann and Julius Streicher (apparently things went poorly for him but he was not a bad guy etc)

Whether it is David Duke or David Irving (historical revisionist) Berry will find excuses and kind words - he also will not be honest .

Watch wait and see

BM

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Apr-22

Reagan put Sadam Hussein in power.

That did not end well.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Apr-22

We never envisioned anything could be worse than the Taliban... then Al Qaeda...

What is worse than ISIS?

bml00

Apr-23

Hindsight is a marvelous thing and it makes us all so clever , the US , the UK the French etc have all done what they believed was in their own national interests in the Middle East with little or no prior knowledge of where it would lead .

ISIS is an extreme religious ideology which will be very difficult to defeat because its adherents need arming and financing , training , recruiting , leading , guidance etc this is all available from STATES who have vested interests in dragging Iran into a corner where it is currently heading .

The battle against ISIS is and has cost an untold fortune and again it spun out of control because the GENI got out of the bottle

BM

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Apr-24

This group that attacked Sri Lanka over Easter I had never heard of.

Someone worse is always around the corner - with a bat.

I wonder if we will use the hindsight of ISIS forming when we look at National Thowheed Jamath.

ISIS are trying to claim responsibility, but no one is really taking them seriously.

bml00

Apr-24

I have also not heard of the group - but a group can be 6 people not an army and they can spring up anywhere .

It is possible that the group will claim to be an affiliate of ISIL & in doing so it gives the impression of great outreach and power

A couple of posts back I did mention that like Mushrooms , Terrorists spring up over and over again , the defeat of such operations requires that even greater brutality is used .. In Lebanon back in the late 70's a Russian Operative was kidnapped , the KGB then pulled of the street several men and castrated them , they did this until their operative was released

To win any battle you fight fire with fire but your fire has to be brighter more powerful and far more concentrated

BM

BerrySteph

Apr-24

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

I wonder if we will use the hindsight of ISIS forming when we look at National Thowheed Jamath.

ISIS was enormously well-funded by elements in Saudi, that's what enabled them to set up a functioning state.

Same thing as Israel was founded on - except that much of Israel's funding was extorted from German Jews and robbed from Hungarian and other Jews.

ISIS was also populated by people who'd been very extensively brutalised by invaders. Or so they say. With extensive name-changing and an artificial new language there's no way to be sure.

BerrySteph

Apr-24

bml00 said:

In Lebanon back in the late 70's a Russian Operative was kidnapped , the KGB then pulled of the street several men and castrated them , they did this until their operative was released

I don't believe this story, for which the only "evidence" is a 1986 story published in the notoriously dishonest right-wing Israeli press. Yes, four Russian diplomats were kidnapped in 1985 and one (Arkady Katkov, consular attaché) murdered (maybe on capture?). Nobody in Lebanon blamed Russia for the double invasion and murderous occupation and the others (Oleg Spirin, Valery Mirikov, and Nikolai Svirsky) were released a month later.

But kidnapping and butchering people was the speciality of the Invading Israelis (and they were the only people with any decent intelligence as might have been able to find the kidnappers). It was 20 years before the US started doing the same thing in the Middle East.

In occupied Lebanon, 104 people are thought to have been kidnapped and at least 8 died (two from untreated illnesses). Two were UN employees and more likely to have been murdered by Israel. Three were kidnapped and murdered in immediate retaliation for the US attack on Tripoli.

I'm sure you've told me that such retaliation is legal and good and a matter of pride, haven't you?

bml00

Apr-24

You don't have to believe anything .

BM