Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Duterte   Asia

Started 11/11/17 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 3607 views.
In reply toRe: msg 22
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Feb-20

MEDDLY

Feb-20

Duterte, the Asian trump.

In reply toRe: msg 24
MEDDLY

Feb-20

And now Duterte will get help from the Chinese in 'dealing" with its Moro population. Like they (Chinese) have done with its Uyghur 'problem'...SARCASM!!!

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Feb-21

Trump is many things - but not a mass murderer.

Credit where credit is due.

BerrySteph

Feb-24

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

Trump is many things - but not a mass murderer.

Hitler was not a genocidal mass-murderer (unless you count what started to happen two years into a World War that Germans, very reasonably, believed was existential to their survival).

Hitler is (or should be?) chiefly remembered for over-running other sovereign nations.

Hitler is also remembered (ie a crime that the Nazis were actually prosecuted for) attacking civilians - I guess that's mass-murder but we don't normally treat it like that.

Lastly, he is remembered for persecuting religious minorities.

Trump is guilty on the first and third of those grounds - and clearly has absolutely no objection to the second charge of mass-murder in the name of war (ie attacking civilians).

The only way to wriggle out of the point I'm trying to make is to say that most (all?) other American Presidents behave much like Hitler on three grounds, whereas Trump is only definitely guilty on two of those grounds.

Incidentally, what ever other follies I may be guilty of, I'm clearly not guilty of what BM accuses me of - defending Hitler.

bml00

Feb-25

History re written .

BM

In reply toRe: msg 28
BerrySteph

Feb-26

bml00 said:

History re written .

Not atall.

Hitler is (or should be?) chiefly remembered for over-running other sovereign nations. That's certainly what started WW2 (as it had done WW1).

Hitler is also remembered (ie a crime that the Nazis were actually prosecuted for) attacking civilians - I guess that's mass-murder but we don't normally treat it like that.

Lastly, he is remembered for persecuting racial minorities. 

You know, a state where Jews cannot marry non-Jews.

Where else in the world has that ever happened? Oh, silly me, its the law in Israel.

bml00

Feb-27

Shit for brains Berry and another stupid racist post  quote " Where else in the world has that ever happened? Oh, silly me, its the law in Israel."

So Muslims can but Jews cant an interesting take by the forums Jew Hater Berry

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interfaith_marriage_in_Islam

* In Lebanon, a Muslim man can only marry a Christian woman if she converts to Islam.

Muslim women can not marry non-Muslim men. Despite this, interfaith marriage between Muslim women and non-Muslim men has been a highly sensitive topic across the Muslim world for centuries, as it is considered to be a violation of Islamic law by the consensus of scholars. Although there are changes, it is still banned in many Muslim societies. While the law permits a Muslim man to marry a non-Muslim woman, it does not allow a Muslim woman to marry a non-Muslim man without proof of his conversion to Islam. Almost all Islamic nations prohibit it. Tunisia is one of the few Muslim majority countries where Muslim women are allowed to marry non-Muslims.[6]

In parts of the diaspora, interfaith marriages between Muslim women and non-Muslims take place at substantial rates, contravening ijma. For example, in the United States, about 10% of Muslim women are married to non-Muslims.[7]

• Edited February 27, 2020 3:45 am  by  bml00
In reply toRe: msg 30
BerrySteph

Feb-28

bml00 said:

Muslim women can not marry non-Muslim men.

I didn't ask about being a Muslim and being oppressed for it by local religious custom, BM.

I asked you where in the world a Jew cannot (in law) marry a non-Jew?