Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Time to go, Jules   Australia and Oceania

Started 1/11/18 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 24208 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

11/5/19

Does he have a trial date set?

BerrySteph

11/5/19

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

Does he have a trial date set?

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/special-reports/article24696685.html
This cell phone photo was shot by a resident of Ishaqi on March 15, 2006, of bodies Iraqi police said were of children executed by U.S. troops after a night raid there. Here, the bodies of the five children are wrapped in blankets and laid in a pickup bed to be taken for burial. A State Department cable obtained by WikiLeaks quotes the U.N. investigator of extrajudicial killings as saying an autopsy showed the residents of the house had been handcuffed and shot in the head, including children under the age of 5. McClatchy obtained the photo from a resident when the incident occurred.

Why are you asking me?

The US insists on complete freedom to murder its way across the world - including the killing of Australian journalists.

Sends Israelis to threaten publishers like you.

WikiLeaks: Iraqi children in U.S. raid shot in head, U.N. says

AUGUST 31, 2011 - UPDATED APRIL 19, 2019 - A U.S. diplomatic cable made public by WikiLeaks provides evidence that U.S. troops executed at least 10 Iraqi civilians, including a woman in her 70s and a 5-month-old infant, then called in an airstrike to destroy the evidence, during a controversial 2006 incident in the central Iraqi town of Ishaqi.

The unclassified cable, which was posted on WikiLeaks’ website last week, contained questions from a United Nations investigator about the incident, which had angered local Iraqi officials, who demanded some kind of action from their government. U.S. officials denied at the time that anything inappropriate had occurred.

But Philip Alston, the U.N.’s special rapporteur on extrajudicial, summary or arbitrary executions, said in a communication to American officials dated 12 days after the March 15, 2006, incident that autopsies performed in the Iraqi city of Tikrit showed that all the dead had been handcuffed and shot in the head. Among the dead were four women and five children. The children were all 5 years old or younger.

Reached by email Wednesday, Alston said that as of 2010 — the most recent data he had — U.S. officials hadn’t responded to his request for information and that Iraq’s government also hadn’t been forthcoming. He said the lack of response from the United States “was the case with most of the letters to the U.S. in the 2006-2007 period,” when fighting in Iraq peaked.

bml00

11/5/19

totally utterly nothing to do with the thread at all

BerrySteph

11/5/19

bml00 said:

totally utterly nothing to do with the thread at all

Australian journalist has now been locked up for 9 years on a patently false charge.

And the US is intent on destroying him.

Since the genocidal events he covered as a journalist were on your behalf, I blame you for this attack on the press.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

11/6/19

The fact that Wikileaks published this is the only VERY THIN piece of string attaching this story to the thread.

Don't ever post pictures of dead toddlers for shock value on my forum again.

PTG (anotherPTG)

11/6/19

I thank Delphi that I have the Ignore button to cope with such a cess-pit of a mind that is this poster

BerrySteph

11/6/19

I'm sure that BM would be pleased to post you pictures of his own handiwork. Except he's been assidously covering up all those evils - and blaming the victims.

Meanwhile, Australian journalists are being persecuted for investigating these atrocities - while other Australian journalists are angrily keeping them out of the public eye.

Weren't you going to keep us informed of what the torturers are doing to Assange?

https://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/277-75/56007-rsn-the-railroad-that-awaits-julian-assange
John Kiriakou. (photo: The Washington Post)

And Chelsea Manning? A hero of the kind that we need to be protecting.

Last I heard she was tortured into making a false statement against Assange.

Without such torture, it doesn't appear that the US has any case atall - the sole evidence (maybe) is an exchange where Assange asked for details of the password Chelsea had already used and said they might be able to break it. Two days later Assange (we assume its him) said his expert had had no luck.

Which sounds entirely like journalistic lies - Wikileaks had no chance of any "hacking" and he knew it, he was just playing her along.

Meanwhile, if the US does get hold of Assange there's hardly any doubt they'll put him away for ever.

The US is absolutely determined to destroy journalism that embarrasses it and exposes its crimes.

This man has been through the mill and knows exactly what it involves.

The Railroad That Awaits Julian Assange

By John Kiriakou

13 April 2019 - The Justice Department said Thursday that it was charging Julian Assange with one felony count of conspiring to hack into a computer. 

... Additional charges after the application for extradition has been filed are unlikely, due to limitations in extradition treaties requiring full disclosure of all charges prior to an extradition being considered. 

... No matter what happens, no matter what the charges, Julian cannot and will not get a fair trial in the Eastern District of Virginia.

... Judge Leonie Brinkema reserves all national security cases for herself. ... At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I'll tell you about what I went through in Judge Brinkema's courtroom. None of it was good. And Julian should expect exactly the same.

When I was arrested after blowing the whistle on the CIA's torture program, I was charged with five felonies

... The government will invoke something in Julian's case called CIPA – the Classified Information Protection Act. That means that the court must do everything possible to "protect" classified information from being revealed, even to the jury. ... very confusing for jurors, many of whom may conclude, "Wow, there are so many classified words that are being discussed! He must be guilty!"

... in my case, my attorneys made 70 motions to declassify 70 separate classified documents necessary for my defense. We blocked off two full days ... Judge Brinkema ... "deny all 70 of these motions." ... my attorneys had literally nothing to present in my defense.

... My attorneys objected and were overruled. ... private conversation between the judge and the prosecutors without my attorneys present. My attorneys objected strenuously. ... overrule the objection. ... looked at me and said, "This case better not go to trial." The hearing ended. It had begun only 15 minutes earlier.

As we walked out of the courtroom ... "Now we take a plea." A week later I changed my plea to "guilty." ... I would have lost and I would have realistically gotten 12-18 years. I had no choice. ... If I could, Mr. Kiriakou, I would give you 10 years. But my hands are tied." I left for federal prison six weeks later.

John Kiriakou is a former CIA counterterrorism officer and a former senior investigator with the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.  ... served 23 months in prison as a result of his attempts to oppose the Bush administration's torture program.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

11/7/19

PTG (anotherPTG) said:

I thank Delphi that I have the Ignore button to cope with such a cess-pit of a mind that is this poster

Yes, this was a good day for you to be unaware of what was posted.

In fact, I may amend my start page rules to include no obscene imagery.

In reply toRe: msg 125
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

11/26/19

katiek2

11/26/19

So incredibly unfair...