Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Commonwealth refugees swilling chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Stupidity is death   Science

Started 1/14/18 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 7204 views.
BerrySteph

Apr-27

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

A county in New York City bans unvaccinated children under the age of 18 from public places to fight a measles outbreak that has infected more than 150 people.

That's the way to deal with anti-vaxxers. Warn every parent and child what will happen if there's an epidemic and they've not had the jab. Quarantine the defaulters as a public-health measure.

We could do something similar to deal with knife crime in London - draw a 1/4 mile circle round every stabbing death and make it a "Stop and Search Zone" (maybe licensing vigilantes to check for weapons?) Boldly mark the war-zone status on every lamp-post.

Keep it that way until the residents ask that it be lifted. Problem self-solving.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Apr-27

You had me up until "vigilantes".

That never ends well.

BerrySteph

Apr-27

You had me up until "vigilantes". That never ends well.

I'm exaggerating - if putting up notices say "Stop and search zones" isn't 100% successful, then license volunteers with metal detectors (wands).

No danger presented to anyone - any local resident who refuses to be scanned with the wand will be recognised and the police be called. Any outsider won't be able to visit his homies - who will know why he's turned back.

I cannot see there being any danger to anyone - just overwhelming relief and support for the system - and "the local community" will know, and vote for, when the Zone can be abolished.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Apr-27

Thank you President Trump!!

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Apr-27

I think people might not be so accepting of checkpoints and curfews.

They tend to exist in warzones and military states.

BerrySteph

Apr-29

I think people might not be so accepting of checkpoints and curfews. They tend to exist in warzones and military states.

My solution will work, without "external coercion" and without public expense.

But you're right - some people and communities will of course prefer to live with knife crime.

CzoeMC

Apr-29

BerrySteph said:

We could do something similar to deal with knife crime in London

What kind of strange circle of thought are you proceeding from?Toggle Dropdown

My dog has to have vaccinations to be verified as to be permitted in public. The anti-vaccers would be better asking if the ADD and autism etc, that their children exhibit, might be caused by the poisonous pollution of plastics and the crap that that they spray on the vegetable things that we eat, and the hormones that are injected in the meat, plus the salty/sugary junk food and sodas..

The crabbiest people I ever encounter in the grocery aisle are the ones with cases of pop and chips, their children ill mannered as they all barge over the elderly, on their way to the cookie and donut dept. DEEP FRIED all the way!

My dog is better cared for, vaccinations and all, than those kids.

*And he is less likely to encounter a rabid racoon, than the child is likely to be near a person carrying measles.

• Edited April 29, 2019 4:26 am  by  CzoeMC
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

BerrySteph

May-1

The number of measles cases in the United States reaches a 25-year peak, federal health officials say.

Easy problem to solve - tell the children (and write to their parents) that, in the event of there being a handful of measles cases within 50 miles, they will be excluded until the danger they present has reduced to a low and maybe acceptable level again.

bml00

May-1

Berry's madcap idea would lead to Militia's ,self appointed judge and jury's and the thugs will get ever more dangerous and better armed .

In London there were a spate of Muslims who took upon themselves to decide who can who cant do what and where and that did not end too well either.

His solution would end in the break down of law and order

BM