Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Evolution always evolving   Science

Started 1/25/18 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 50996 views.
Dan (DANCULBERSON)

2/4/18

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said...

If anyone else would like to join the topic, they are more than welcome.

You know the expression "Preaching to the choir," which means wasting your time trying to convince a group about something who already believe what you're trying to convince them about. I think there should be another expression, "Debating the believers," which means wasting your time trying to get religious believers to change their minds about what religious beliefs they have, because they refuse to listen to reason anyway and are never going to change their beliefs. We also need a third expression, "Arguing with jackasses." I have concluded that the Internet has created the sort of people who delight in just making trouble wherever they can, particularly in these forums. They visit forums with controversial topics and will say anything to create dissension, not meaning a word of what they say. Therefore, "Arguing with jackasses" means wasting your time discussing anything with them, because they will counter with arguments they don't really believe just for the attention you are giving them. So, my advice is to recognize their jackass behavior and just ignore whatever they write, leaving the forum discussions to the serious visitors.

Nucc

2/4/18

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

There is no "moral cell". A cell is the microscopic structural unit of an organism

Therefore it consists of MATERIAL Jenifer. Show me the MATERIAL then.   Now it's REALLY getting interesting because you'll end up with NOTHING just like Dan Culberson because YOU HAVE NO MORAL REFERENCE POINT that is NOT borrowed from the Bible.

Sigh... I thought this would be an interesting conversation, but I'm just bashing my head against a brick wall.

After you bang your head against a brick wall you'll be screaming just like your RADICAL FEMINIST friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG8JuJ3IDEA

If anyone else would like to join the topic, they are more than welcome. . But I'm a glutton for punishment, so I'll give it one last try...

It looks like MIGHTY ATHEIST Dan has come in riding on a donkey to save the day.  We'll see.    yum

There are no absolutes.

LOL Poor atheist conjecture....Jenifer;  Is it ABSOLUTELY TRUE there are NO ABSOLUTES?   Oops!  Did you hurt yourself?  blush

So, therefore, neither do you.  Stop judging people.  As you have said - it's not your job.

You gave the information as if they KNEW something and I'm telling YOU it is CONJECTURE .  Which is the FACT.   Take the LOG out of your own eye before YOU JUDGE ME.  It's my JOB to tell the TRUTH if you don't like it, then remain gullible to ANY LIE you want to as you are doing now.  I choose NOT to BE GULLIBLE to CONJECTURE.  I want FACTS.  Do you have ANY?

Dogs can learn what is right and wrong behaviour by cause and effect and humans training them.  However, in the wild, animals such as wolves and bears - any mammal that can kill with a single hit or bite - have what is known as a "kill switch" in their brain. 

DOGS are SCAVENGERS Jenifer, and they ONLY LEARN from someone INTELLIGENT outside themselves. Consider yourself like an UNLEARNED DOG you'll eat anything INCLUDING GARBAGE.

Image result for dogs eating garbage

There are no easy answers in science.  Religion, however, is full of them.  It doesn't mean those answers are right.

SCIENCE is based from FACTS so there is NOTHING wrong with SCIENCE.  MACRO-EVOLUTION is NOT SCIENCE.  It is CONJECTURE.  What is right today will be wrong tomorrow.  THAT'S NOT SCIENCE.

I DON't offer you RELIGION because there are MANY.  I offer you SALVATION by the GRACE of GOD through Jesus Christ, GOD the SON.  If you REJECT or DENY CHRIST'S OFFER unto DEATH then according to Scripture  you will ENTER into an ETERNAL HELL of TORMENT  where you will SPEND ETERNITY with REGRET.

DEATH is ALWAYS IMMINENT Jenifer.  We can die at ANY MOMENT.  I'm ASSURED of MY SALVATION so I KNOW where I'M going.  WHAT ABOUT YOU?????

Nucc

2/4/18

Dan (DANCULBERSON) said:

You know the expression "Preaching to the choir," which means wasting your time trying to convince a group about something who already believe what you're trying to convince them about. I think there should be another expression, "Debating the believers," which means wasting your time trying to get religious believers to change their minds about what religious beliefs they have, because they refuse to listen to reason anyway and are never going to change their beliefs. We also need a third expression, "Arguing with jackasses." I have concluded that the Internet has created the sort of people who delight in just making trouble wherever they can, particularly in these forums. They visit forums with controversial topics and will say anything to create dissension, not meaning a word of what they say. Therefore, "Arguing with jackasses" means wasting your time discussing anything with them, because they will counter with arguments they don't really believe just for the attention you are giving them. So, my advice is to recognize their jackass behavior and just ignore whatever they write, leaving the forum discussions to the serious visitors.  

Wow Dan!  You wasted a whole paragraph PROVING what I said about you is TRUE........YOU HAVE NOTHING.   ATHEISTS are EASILY DEFEATED.    YOU are the VIABLE EVIDENCE that has been VERIFIED and VALIDATED RIGHT HERE.  My advice to YOU is to give up on writing books.  The REVIEWS REVEAL the TRUE JACKASS.  

Ps 14:1

1 THE [empty-headed] FOOL has said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable deeds; there is none that does good or right.   AMP

Just don't die Dan. You'll be MORE MISERABLE than you are HERE, ONLY FOREVER.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

2/4/18

Sigh... I know.

But I was really interested in the discussion.

It's such a shame that I can't get any of my points even acknowledged, let alone thought about.

Cheers,

Jenifer

In reply toRe: msg 13
Jenifer (Zarknorph)

2/4/18

Nucc said:

Is it ABSOLUTELY TRUE there are NO ABSOLUTES?   Oops!  Did you hurt yourself?  

Ow!  Ow!  Ow!!

Nucc said:

I want FACTS.  Do you have ANY?

Yes, but you ignore them.

It's understandably frustrating.

Nucc

2/5/18

Yes, but you ignore them. It's understandably frustrating.

I said I want facts all you've given me is unsubstantiated opinions.   Of course it's frustrating to YOU because you're putting your FAITH in a FALSE HOPE that leads to hell.  I'm telling you the ABSOLUTE TRUTH....GOD CANNOT LIE. 

John 3:36

36 He who believes in the Son HAS everlasting life; and he who DOES NOT believe the Son SHALL NOT see life, but the WRATH OF GOD  abides on him." 

In reply toRe: msg 17
Dan (DANCULBERSON)

2/5/18

Commandment #9 says:

9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

OCCAM'S RAZOR refers to Occam's famous principle of economy in logic, which he wrote in QUODLIBETA SEPTEM around 1320: ENTIA NON SUNT MULTIPLICANDA PRAETER NECESSITATEM, or in English "Entities should not be multiplied beyond what is needed."

By "entities," Occam meant assumptions used to explain phenomena, and his axiom was intended to mean that all unnecessary facts or constituents in the subject being analyzed are to be eliminated.

However, over the centuries Occam's Razor has evolved into "If more than one explanation for something exists, the simplest explanation is probably the correct one," and it has even been used by anthropologists to explain the origins of phenomena they have encountered in primitive societies.

Someone said, "I said I want facts all you've given me is unsubstantiated opinions.   Of course it's frustrating to YOU because you're putting your FAITH in a FALSE HOPE that leads to hell.  I'm telling you the ABSOLUTE TRUTH....GOD CANNOT LIE."

When Someone says something that is grammatically incorrect, the simplest explanation is that Someone is either ignorant or did not care enough about what was claimed to make it accurate. When Someone makes a claim without any supporting evidence, the simplest explanation is that Someone is making foundless accusations. When someone claims to know what so-called "God" does without proving the existence of God, the simplest response should be to ignore everything Someone says.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

2/5/18

Now THIS is a conversation.

What would you like to talk about Dan?

This does tie into the "Why do we believe what we believe" pet project of yours.

I believe in science.  Because it is tangible, provable, relatable and just plain fascinating.

I don't believe in religion because it has no answers.

But both ask the same questions.

I believe that the main difference between the two is that scientists are not afraid to be wrong.

I think I do have beliefs.

Cheers,

Jenifer

Dan (DANCULBERSON)

2/5/18

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said...

I believe that the main difference between the two is that scientists are not afraid to be wrong.

Correct, because they admit when they are wrong and then attempt to prove another theory.

I have watched a number of documentaries about dark matter an dark energy, and I still believe that the basic argument is, "If dark matter exists, then it would explain how the universe works in conjunction with dark energy." However, the explanation of the existence of dark matter, and therefore dark energy, is "If we can detect something we don't know about or can't explain, that proves that dark matter, and therefore, dark energy exist." The first demonstration of the existence of dark matter was the detection of a signal from outer space, which didn't follow the explanations of a direct path from the source to the U.S. However, that is assuming that the path of the signal was direct from the source to the reception of the signal on earth. What if the path of the signal went through galaxies, stars, and planets, which slowed the speed of the signal? Therefore, the existence of the disruption of so-called "dark matter" doesn't apply. Instead, assume that dark energy and dark matter don't exist, and everything, including the explanation of the universe, falls into place existing on the tenet of basic physics.

However, after watching another "NOVA" episode, I have concluded that "dark matter" is nothing more than the existence of black holes and so-called "supermassive black holes" throughout the universe, which cannot be observed directly, but which scientists now believe exist at the center of all galaxies and which could explain the anomaly of more matter in the universe than can be observed, and I also believe that "dark energy" is nothing more than the existence of the gravity that is caused by the black holes. Also, there is no such thing as "gravitational waves," because a wave is an emissive force, whereas gravity is an attraction between two or more masses.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

2/5/18

While a black hole cannot be observed, the effects of it can.

I actually wonder if this universe is the result of the last universe reaching a critical mass of all the black holes that have sucked in all the matter they could eat before just exploding and vomiting out the last universe in a Big Bang.

We observe the cycle of life everywhere in the universe, so it would stand to reason that universes have that same cycle.

I recently saw one of my favourite astrophysicists on Colbert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgA2y-Bgi3c

Must watch for two things - dark energy and the thing that keeps him up at night.

It gave me a restless night, too.

Cheers,

Jenifer