Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

School shootings in the US    America - all of it

Started 2/15/18 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 26401 views.
In reply toRe: msg 170
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jan-18

BerrySteph

Jan-18

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

North America correspondent Zoe Daniel reflects on the personal impact of covering mass shootings.

... The next day's newspapers carry front-page photographs of dead children, cut down by the inevitable AR-15, a civilian-issue assault weapon, before they could reach their potential.

Did you realise that these assault weapons have been available for decades - but only suddenly became popular when they started being used in mass-shoootings? https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/how-the-ar-15-became-mass-shooters-weapon-of-choice-w451452

... That prompted a talk about different kinds of weapons, pistols and handguns versus military-style assault rifles and the recommended actions if confronted by an active shooter — Run, Hide, Fight!

All mental preparation for Holocaust II to come.

... My daughter, subjected to repeated drills that few of the kids take seriously, asked how she would know if it was real? Well, you'd hear gunfire, I replied, and you’d need to think about whether it was coming closer or going away.

Interesting idea springs to mind - how long before realistic sounding fire-works start being used to promote panic at public events?

Even seriously disrupt gun-conventions?

Maybe that's what it would take for the US to take action. But I don't hold much hope.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jan-21

In reply toRe: msg 173
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jan-21

I could not help but notice that all the protestors were white.

I wonder how they would feel if a huge mob of black men walked down the street carrying guns...

Not debating whether that was a question or a musing.

BerrySteph

Jan-21

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

I wonder how they would feel if a huge mob of black men walked down the street carrying guns...

This is America, least racist country in the world.

I'm sure I read that in the Daily Mail.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2325502/Map-shows-worlds-racist-countries-answers-surprise-you.html

bml00

Jan-22

Morning Jenifer

FYI Numbnuts has been telling people that "Honest people dont read the Daily Mail"

Makes you laugh that is he reading it ............OUT OF THE MOUTHS OF BABES AND FOOLS

BM

In reply toRe: msg 175
BerrySteph

Jan-22

BerrySteph said:

This is America, least racist country in the world. I'm sure I read that in the Daily Mail.

I'm sure you can recognise sarcasm.

Unlike some angry people who are sick of being called out for their own lies.