Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Commonwealth refugees swilling chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Aug-26

Di (amina046)

Aug-26

A little good news and a great, courageous move by Macron

BerrySteph

Aug-27

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

Foreign Minister Marise Payne says Australia's decision to join the US-led mission to keep shipping lanes open does not play into broader US pressure against Iran.

Far more dishonest than David Kelly claiming in Oct 2002 that Saddam was capable of loading and firing chemical weapons in days or weeks.

And no reason to lie like this to us - Australia is a sovereign nation. Except in these days of bribery and blackmail, of course.

BerrySteph

Aug-27

Di (amina046) said:

Iran's foreign minister makes a "surprise" visit to Biarritz to meet the French president.

What is this crap?

Relations between Iran and the US have deteriorated since Washington withdrew from a 2015 deal to limit Iran's nuclear activities last year.

Relations deteriorated because Trump wants further chaos and suffering in the Middle East at the behest of Israel, as best I can tell.  Poor Iranian buggers turning up on British beaches in desperation.

Might the US be doing this to steal Iranian oil? I'm not sure, The cost-benefit of doing it with troops seems marginal. The strategic/financial benefit to the US that I can see is that it keeps the Iranians desperately poor and terrifies the Saudis.

Di (amina046)

Aug-27

None of this! Just a very diplomatic, smart and courageous move by Macron.

Di (amina046)

Aug-27

BerrySteph

Aug-27

Di (amina046) said:

None of this! Just a very diplomatic, smart and courageous move by Macron.

Seems to me that Trump is forcing China to act independently, creating its own banking standards, own internet, own technology.

And own International Law, being that the UN has failed so badly.

Di (amina046)

Aug-27

I wonder who taught you sidetracking! As usual you are way off topic!

bml00

Aug-27

There was no move by Macron the whole episode had to be coordinated with the USA .

This was a personal message for Trump , a climbdown for Iran via an interlocutor and an occasion that bought the parties together .

Iran is facing an horrendous time , it cannot come out fighting , its own proxies are facing hardships due to dwindling finances and so Iran needs to smell the coffee, the increased naval presence in the Straits also reminded Iran that they would be on an hiding for nothing if it all went pear shaped .

I had predicted that the Iranians would reach out sooner or later , war was not an option that they would want as it would expose their inherent weakness to fighting a modern war

BM

BerrySteph

Aug-27

Di (amina046) said:

I wonder who taught you sidetracking! As usual you are way off topic!

Are you being paid to act stupid and unpleasant?