Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Feb-29

I would agree they are still struggling, but we are more aware of it now.

PTSD is treated with more care.

I guess the shame of the outcome of Vietnam was conveniently saddled onto the returning vets.

The soundtrack was glorified, but the people were vilified.

RGoss99

Feb-29

The students I am referring to are not family and Friends specificly, but some are related to Americans who were there, and came home with the attitude that we had won, because we won all the battles, but were betrayed by the politicians. Ignoring the fact that in Nam, Afghanistan, and Iraq-Syria we were and in wars that we can not win unless we wipe these countries off the map and kill all the inhabitants which is why Afghanistan is now the longest war in American history, because those shooting back are a second generation those we started against, and as it continues they Will raise a third generation of people who hate us.

RGoss99

Feb-29

But Trmp is still putting the PTSD victims down as loosers and wimps.

As you say we are now treating them, but it took a long time for the country to accept the concept of them being victims. Remember the famous WWII incident of Patton slapping a soldier in a hospital, and that was 70 years ago, PTSD was recognized as a problema in WWI, but the public and the powers just did not want to deal with the implications.

katiek2

Feb-29

BerrySteph said:

Don't deny it - the Wackypedia (underneath the arrogance and war-mongering) makes it very clear that this part of the campaign was wholly unjustified and pointless and wilful mass-murder.

You're absolutely correct!  Which is why we didn't win that war.

katiek2

Feb-29

You know Steph or Berry or whatever you are, you're a real piece of shit.  No, I go to VA & talk to those poor guys with head wounds that can't see, or can't hear, or can't talk, or can't even think because their seeing, hearing, talking, thinking capabilities were blown away.  What have you done to alleviate the situation other than sit behind your computer and try to sound like you care.

I can't think why you responded the way you did, except your hate filled rotten pumpkin of a head can't even recognize when someone is supporting you.  I ignored you once, then thought better of it and removed it.  You're ignored again will never be reinstated so before you begin to deliver whatever it is you consider "earth-shattering news", don't bother asshole!

Di (amina046)

Mar-1

OMG on what planet did you live then. Or now for that matter. The US lost that war and if it had not been for the negotiating of a withdrawal by Nixon an Kissinger it would have gone on a lot longer, killed many more of the 58.000 American troops but would still have lost.

when you see the troops coming home without a ticker parade and the soldiers shunned and ill treated by their homeland you must clearly see that they were not the winners.

BerrySteph

Mar-1

Di (amina046) said:

OMG on what planet did you live then.

A planet wracked by terrorism, by an expansionist Empire more racist and more greedy than the Nazis.

A planet where between 8 and 10 million people can be murdered for no crime whatsoever other than wishing to develop their own country.

Then be totally ignored and a monument be put up to their tormentors.

I knew that the Vietnamese had failed when I bought an expensive pair of walking boots in 1995 that said "made in Vietnam" on them and when I bought an expensive American bicycle that said "made in Vietnam".

And I worked it out that Vietnam had been colonised by the US, which had won the war on these brave people who'd given so much to govern themselves.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host
RGoss99 said:

But Trmp is still putting the PTSD victims down as loosers and wimps.

Would not surprise me that Captain Bonespurs has no concept of what war does to a person.

RGoss99 said:

Remember the famous WWII incident of Patton slapping a soldier in a hospital

Just googled it.  I watched a YouTube clip of it.  I haven't seen that movie yet.  I don't think it's the only time he hit a soldier.

bml00

Mar-1

VERY few if not most senior officers having risen in the ranks will see the front line again - their job now being planning , logistics and command and control etc

Today slapping a soldier would see the senior officer demoted in the ranks and as far as PTSD there is a lot more that can be done , should be done etc

I gave away my 43 year Pension to the IDF for this very specific reason that it could be used for those that suffered most - anybody ever been in war has suffered one way or the other some of us get of lightly some however will be haunted beyond repair

Finally I was a Field Officer till the very end of my career I always refused the offer of Staff Command

BM

• Edited March 1, 2020 3:00 am  by  bml00