Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Archaeology News   Science

Started 11/11/18 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 32330 views.
bml00

Feb-17

Jews have lived in Israel for about 3500 years , Christians for about 2000 and Muslims for about 1300 , so chronologically the Jews were there first (lets not talk about the Canaanites as they have passed into shadow land .

Tel means rise or Hill as in Tel Aviv etc , Shiloh has religious significance for the Jews and the Ark was there until the Philistines got their hands on it (you cant find a Philistine today either)

IF Jewish History is found in Judeah and Samaria it is no surprise as this is the homeland of the Jewish Faith , why should the Jews have to forgo their history ?

BM

adwil

Feb-17

Di (amina046) said:

Archaeological projects in Palestine led by US evangelical Christians contribute to Palestinian dispossession.

I don't believe anything discovered by evangelical Christian so-called archaeologists. 

Di (amina046)

Feb-17

Neither do I.

RGoss99

Feb-20

Note that passive-aggressives seldom accept responsibility for things that just pass along because "somebody might be interested". The only way I could rationalze Zark´s imaginary experts belief, if it was  some sort of human shaped icon that turned to glass under extreme heat. Note that the experts don´t have any stated qualifications for what they believe. Perhaps the supposed victim was already dead and his scull filled with sand.

BerrySteph

Feb-21

Di (amina046) said:

Archaeological projects in Palestine led by US evangelical Christians contribute to Palestinian dispossession.

Indeed.

BM said:

Jews have lived in Israel for about 3500 years

What BM claims is sort-of true - but only if you accept (as Ben Gurion and other early Zionists published) that the Palestinians are the Jews of 2000 years ago.

Needless to say, BM now gets very angry if you say this.

BM said:

lets not talk about the Canaanites as they have passed into shadow land .

Dreadful things from BM - there is every reason to believe that the Canaanites became the Jews became the Palestinians.

BM said:

Shiloh has religious significance for the Jews and the Ark was there until the Philistines got their hands on it

Unlikely - Judaism as it was practised presumably arose in Babylon.

BM said:

Jewish History is found in Judeah and Samaria

BM's history is again falsified - the Biblical tales seem to have come from Babylon too. He's only saying this to justify the theft of $1 trillion worth of land, with lots more to come.

BerrySteph

Feb-21

adwil said:

I don't believe anything discovered by evangelical Christian so-called archaeologists. 

Why not? They seem to be the original Zionists, invented the idea in order to get the Jews out of their hair - perhaps the only such people who have been consistent in their work and beliefs.

All other Zionists seem to be frauds, now in denial of what David Ben-Gurion (and Borochov, Ahad Ha'am etc) wrote (and we all know to be true) that the Palestinians are the Jews of 2000 years ago.

You've attacked the people who've been most consistent and "truthful" over this entire business!

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Mar-19

...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
RGoss99

Mar-20

Here is an example of a valid "G" response, it is addressed to me but refers to a post that has no connection to any of mine. Soddom and Gamorrah is simply a myth with a geographical position identified. There is no "history" beyond the Biblical myth as to the cause of its destruction. What you have posted is simply a shopping list by varios experts as to the physical cause of the destruction of these locations, not a history, and certainly no evidence that the Biblical interpretation is true. So G=G+1 because you sent it to me without justification. If you had addressed it to "all" I would have simply ignored it because I am sure that there are people who whould have appreciated it and found it interesting. Note that my "G" posts only are attached to posts inappropriately addressed to me.. My newer "T" macro is used as a short cut to identify what I consider trolling either to "all" or specific others. 

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Mar-20

You mentioned Sodom and Gomorrah in another thread.

I was just steering you here to continue the conversation.

I will note your lack of interest in the topic of the historical links and myths of the bible.

As for your explanation of why this post deserves your macro, you could have just said that without the macro.

It is not up to me to look at a chart of all the "valid" reasons why a macro is needed, then decide which one best suits my post.

RGoss99

Mar-20

Not my conversation. My point was not questioning the existence of these cities, only the existence of a history of them, so your post should be addressed to "all" since nothing I posted indicated an interest . I don´´t usually even open posts addressed to all, unless the title interests me, in this case not. Incidently, I have been there, nothing to see making such a trip worth while. "Sodom" or "Sodom and Gamorra" in context today are simply code words used by fundies and the Christian right, to describe evil sinful places where imaginary perverted acts were perfomed, the nature of which does not exist in scripture, but only in the sick perverted minds of some religious professionals today, and a few laws in backward, places, supported marginally by the writings of Paul, that have nothing to do with the reported teachings of Christ, who, as far as I have read, never made any mention of anything sexual..