Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Commonwealth refugees swilling chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Is it 2020 yet?   America - all of it

Started 11/19/18 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 14278 views.
BerrySteph

Aug-20

...  the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported that workers were told they could attend the rally, or else take an unpaid day off.

Only those who showed up at 7:00am, scanned in their ID cards and waited hours for Mr Trump through their lunch hour would be paid.

... During his campaign, Mr Trump famously vowed to hire "only the best people". But experienced officials from previous White Houses did not apply, or declined offers to join this one.

That left Mr Trump with a collection of people with little government service, whose main qualification was that they were willing to work for the mercurial President.

Mr Trump is known as a leader who demands utter loyalty from his staff and judges them according to his own definition of the term.

These people who worked on his behalf knew that, and presumably were willing to pledge that loyalty. So why is this happening?

There's a very business-like reason involved. Mr Trump is not turning out to be the meal ticket some anticipated he would be. Associating with him has proved to be costly to their continued relevance.

Di (amina046)

Aug-21

In reply toRe: msg 118
Di (amina046)

Aug-21

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Aug-22

BerrySteph

Aug-22

Di (amina046) said:

The US president abruptly cancels his visit after the Danish PM says he cannot purchase Greenland.

The terrifying thing is that we'll have moved to almost total dependency on Trump with Brexit.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Aug-24

Is the US your biggest trading partner now, or will it be after Brexit?

BerrySteph

Aug-24

Is the US your biggest trading partner now

Don't think so - Europe is much bigger.

or will it be after Brexit?

Nobody knows - we'll be in huge trouble and have to sell them the NHS if that comes about!

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Aug-25

The NHS is the last bastion of what Britain can do when it has it's shit together.

To sell it would be the final nail in the coffin for the Commonwealth.

BerrySteph

Aug-25

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

The NHS is the last bastion of what Britain can do when it has it's shit together.

We've squandered our heritage and gone into enormous debt.

BoJo is simply going to take us further down that path.

Then we'll wonder why our society turned really nasty.

I had a survey supposedly on energy-saving but it asked questions like "how many unheated rooms are there in your accomodation".

I put it in the bin - when the tide rises and millions of British are homeless I'll try to choose the people who I allow to move in rather than have them chosen by gubbermint.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Aug-26

Wow.  You see conspiracies everywhere, don't you?