Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Is it 2020 yet?   America - all of it

Started 11/19/18 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 36415 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

6/18/19

BerrySteph

6/18/19

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

Pundits rolled their eyes when Elizabeth Warren announced she would take on Trump, but just months later, she's rising to the top of the presidential pack. This is how she's done it.

Something similar may be happening in British politics and our race to choose a new PM.

With so many people running, the Democratic debate committee placed candidates in two groups.

Mr Biden, Mr Sanders and Mr Buttigieg are among those in the first group.

Ms Warren was placed in the second group, where analysts believe she stands a strong chance to stand out from her field.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

6/19/19

I still think it will end up being Boris.

In reply toRe: msg 72
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

6/19/19

In reply toRe: msg 73
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

6/19/19

BerrySteph

6/19/19

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

I still think it will end up being Boris.

He did quite well last night - another vote today.

The "I" newspaper gave us listings of questions to ask each candidate - but failed to include one of the best aimed at Boris Johnson "How many children do you have?".

There are five known children and much rumour of a sixth - sadly, I think Boris is justified staying dumb on confidentially grounds.

Di (amina046)

6/19/19

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

6/20/19

CzoeMC

6/22/19

Our Constitution states that only those over the age of 35 years can be eligible for Presidency. I would wish that it would be amended that those over 70 can also not apply.

Not that I have ageism, as counselors and advocates, people with wisdom, they surely have a place. But in our increasingly fast paced world of technology, and lack of choosing advocates for the future health of the planet, they spell doom.

• Edited June 22, 2019 4:50 am  by  CzoeMC
katiek2

6/23/19

Absolutely right on!  Wonder why this has never been brought up for debate by either party...