Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Saudi Arabia   Africa and the Middle East

Started 2/15/19 by Di (amina046); 11321 views.
BerrySteph

Oct-10

bml00 said:  more importantly why were the Saudis so unprepared with such a key site as the Oil refinery?

Because they were stupid enough to put their faith in Iron Sieve?

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Feb-26

Beautiful pictures

RGoss99

Mar-2

To me the Saudis are caught in a bind, the family´s life style compared to that of their people is hipocritical. Then benefits of oil are just given enough to the population to keep them happy and ignore the backwardness of their culture, and the fact that they are an upstart family who were given Arabia by the west in exchange for oil. It is only a matter of time before their ambivalence will being them crashing down their personal values are at odds with the U.S. who they pretend to support, while they spend petro dollars building a staffing Wahabi mosques which support terrorim. Don´t get me wrong, Islam is caught between a victim of their western establshed leader and the west itself, like Israel, neither can the Saudis nor the Israelis survive without U.S. aid, which they take but have no sense of obligation in return as each go their own way as their suffering peolple will reap the disaster that they are bringing on themselves. If this tourist thing gets off the ground, all it ill take is one terrorist event to make the entire project and possibly the Saudis along with it to collapse. 

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

There is also the growing shift away from fossil fuels.

Can you imagine how unstable the region will be once the rest of the world no longer needs their oil?

Aid, peace talks, negotiations... I think the US will find they have more important domestic needs to spend their money on.

RGoss99

Mar-3

The U.S. already knows this but is ignoring it. My village public vehicles "tank" up at three locations as all the vehicles are electric, our village solar farm exports electricty, and my house is wáter and power indpendent, our trains are electric. if you take your car to the city, the underground car Parks allow you to plug in just for the price of parking if your car is lectric.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

RGoss99

Mar-8

potential lose lose situation. I hope the US and UK stay out of it and their leaders keep their mouths shut, but they probably won´t.

BerrySteph

Mar-15

RGoss99 said:

potential lose lose situation. I hope the US and UK stay out of it and their leaders keep their mouths shut, but they probably won´t.

What is lose-lose about condemning the outrageous despotism of Saudi?

Does it attack and over-run its neighbours, as led to WW1 and WW2?

Does it massacre the civilians of other nations, as was the 3rd most serious crime at the Nuremberg Trials?

As long as its not doing those three things (the most serious possible International Crimes) then I think we should leave it alone.

Oh, wait.

RGoss99

Mar-15

The key question to define lose lose is this.

If the U.S. crits the Saudi government, it loses influence in the area

If it does not crit the Saudi government it carries on with tacit U.S. approval which

Will eventually lead to a rebellion, as happened in Iran under the Shah.

1. attack neighbors? yes - Yemen

2. other civilians in other nations? Yes assassinates a reporter in Turkey, and 9-11 was paid for and executed by  Saudis, while the west wastes time and money in Afghanistan that had nothing to do with it

4. And what you left out, its Brand of Islam, Wahabí, is being spread in mosques and madrasses all around the world, including the U.S. and Pakistan that are basicly recruiting stations for terrorism. 

So here are your three plus one. I hope this answers your question because they are doing all of the above at present, paid for by U.S. petrol dollars.