Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

I already know my pets are sentient   Australia and Oceania

Started 5/13/19 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 916 views.
Harold27Z

Dec-30

Cats are sentient enough to know I hate them and run away fast.

Di (amina046)

Dec-30

So would I; a boor boer, hell I would run.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host
Harold27Z said:

Cats are sentient enough to know I hate them and run away fast.

I imagine you get that reaction from many species.

Harold27Z

Jan-5

Our tortoises ain't scared.  They approach and some even try to eat me.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

They quite like basketballs... for several types of recreation...

Harold27Z

Jan-5

Our tortoises get enough recreation by recreating by  raping each other non-stop.   Its a daily orgy.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

I googled funny tortoise videos.

Quite a few show them humping shoes and basketballs.

Not what I expected from tortoises.

CzoeMC

Jan-7

My favorite tortoise in literature is the Commissaris's pet in Janwillem van de Wettering's novels. He is fed lettuce, lives in the garden, and gives the Commissaris peace, in a Zen like way.

Not very interactive, but calm, I suppose.

Harold27Z

Jan-7

Our tortoises perform a veritable orgy of unbridled shag-lust.

CzoeMC

Jan-7

It is all lovely, what they are doing.  And my little spoiled Bichon Frise  rescued at age 4 from being a sperm stud, being isolated for over 13 hours a day, wearing doggie diapers, sad and humiliated, would appreciate that humans care.

He loves us all, and expects, since he is a creation for human amusement, that people should take care of him, and he expresses his gratitude most adorably. When he meets the gentle family Lab, they are fine. The other wild Husky/German Shepherd mix with the one blue/one brown eye, who is still a puppy, and likes to pull fluff from his face and tail, he isn't too sure about. He is not allowed to meet the cat...he wants to, but the cat, not so much.

What we have noticed, is, that his communication style is kind of like R2D2..  he emits squeaks and twerps like questions or complaints, and makes the most astonishing noises when in the car. As if he is being strangled or tortured. We've tried CBD treats, Thunder Jacket, etc., but it only makes him konk out when we arrive. He definitely has "small dog syndrome", also, but what do you do? Just try to make his life better, I guess.