Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The debate on Climate Change   General Confusion

Started 7/18/17 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 150686 views.
BerrySteph

8/16/19

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

And then inexplicably taunted me with that fact for months.

I trust you had a good break. Never understood anyone celebrating Christmas in August but I hope you enjoyed it. Skiing perhaps?

Meanwhile, you provided proof that I'd been wrong over the Russian memes.

I flaunt the evidence of my apologising and reversing myself because I'm entirely prepared to do the same thing if Adwil or BM were ever to prove me wrong the way you did.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

8/17/19

The mining lobby is very powerful.

More than that, they simply out-negotiate and out-lawyer the government.

A large part of the Rudd/Gillard/Rudd fiasco was caused by carbon pricing and the mining lobby spent millions on advertising to get rid of the Labor government.

They needed to put a climate change denier in the top seat.

And they did - in the form of Tony Abbott.

My God, he was an idiot.  So glad his own electorate finally saw that and voted him out.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

8/17/19

BerrySteph said:

I flaunt the evidence of my apologising and reversing myself because I'm entirely prepared to do the same thing if Adwil or BM were ever to prove me wrong the way you did.

I know sarcasm when I see it.

Let it go, Berry.

In reply toRe: msg 434
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

8/17/19

adwil

8/17/19

"My God, he was an idiot.  So glad his own electorate finally saw that and voted him out."

He was 'backwards' on a number of social issues too. I was surprised and pleased when he was beaten in the recent elections.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

8/18/19

The biggest shock to his own sense of "being in tune with Australians" would have been the marriage equality plebiscite.

His own electorate voted 75% in favour - one of the highest in the country.

He had to abstain from voting on the issue.

I remember this image from the day.

Image result for australian plebiscite marriage parliament

Everyone else on the right side of history vs a couple of old idiots terrified of change.

In reply toRe: msg 437
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

8/18/19

adwil

8/18/19

"Everyone else on the right side of history vs a couple of old idiots terrified of change."

No wonder he lost his seat :-)

Though I suppose Labour and Liberal mean different things to the use of the words in the UK.

BerrySteph

8/19/19

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

I know sarcasm when I see it.

Why not just admit that, while we may want to support the Dimocrats against Trump, they've really made idiots of themselves with this particular Russian allegation.

It should have been obvious from the beginning that the Russians couldn't possibly have interfered.

I'd go further - the St Petersburg server farm was/is entirely US controlled. A smaller (but maybe as important?) server farm was in Macedonia.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

8/19/19

Your insistence that Russians cannot possibly manipulate Americans because they don't speak English and cannot understand anything outside their own country is frankly bigoted.