Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Commonwealth refugees swilling chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The debate on Climate Change   General Confusion

Started 7/18/17 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 68808 views.
BerrySteph

Aug-20

Trolly8 said:

I am! Every single one of the animals (People do not do those things!) I killed was in desperate need of it! I was stationed in Asmara, Ethiopia for three years and witnessed horrible crimes against innocents and children committed by Islamic Jihadists!

You were in their country, brutalising their women, but they're the bad guys?

BerrySteph

Aug-20

adwil said:

I'm afraid I don't believe you.  

Trolley8 is on your side.

Trolly8

Aug-21

Did you Google the AGW Scandal? If you are lazy, here is a link; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climatic_Research_Unit_email_controversy

Why do you think they would have to collude to lie?

Why if the "Science" is so solid don't they publish the formulae for peer review?

How come the mainstream news never publishes any the thousands of dissenting opinions?

Especially the ones that have been peer reviewed?

Trolly8

Aug-21

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1993-02-10-mn-1335-story.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climatic_Research_Unit_email_controversy

Just a couple of reasons why I do not trust the news from any "left leaning" source. 1842? IIRC, the worst Typhoon (SP?) Hurricane ever in SE Asia hit Hong Kong? Thousands dead etc...

There have always been climate and weather changes, I like the cartoon with panels going back to 1970, which I remember personally. 

Trolly8

Aug-21

I apologize up from for not remembering his name, but I have Agent Orange on the brain and my once eidetic memory is now gone. I have trouble with what day of the week is it. But if I remember correctly, he worked for ADM and won TWO Nobel Prizes for his pioneering work that made feeding the poor much easier. It's hard to forget when your home town boy wins two. But the details escape me.

I THINK THIS MAY BE THE GUY! Dratts, bit on the butt by the dreaded caps loc monster!

Norman Ernest Borlaug (/'b??rl??g/; March 25, 1914 – September 12, 2009)[3] was an American agronomist who led initiatives worldwide that contributed to the extensive increases in agricultural production termed the Green Revolution. Borlaug was awarded multiple honors for his work, including the Nobel Peace Prize, the Presidential Medal of Freedom and the Congressional Gold Medal.

Borlaug received his B.S. in forestry in 1937 and Ph.D. in plant pathology and genetics from the University of Minnesota in 1942. He took up an agricultural research position in Mexico, where he developed semi-dwarf, high-yield, disease-resistant wheat varieties.[1][2] During the mid-20th century, Borlaug led the introduction of these high-yielding varieties combined with modern agricultural production techniques to Mexico, Pakistan, and India. As a result, Mexico became a net exporter of wheat by 1963. Between 1965 and 1970, wheat yields nearly doubled in Pakistan and India, greatly improving the food security in those nations.[4]

Borlaug was often called "the father of the Green Revolution",[5][6] and is credited with saving over a billion people worldwide from starvation.[7][8][9][10] According to Jan Douglas, executive assistant to the president of the World Food Prize Foundation, the source of this number is Gregg Easterbrook's 1997 article "Forgotten Benefactor of Humanity." The article states that the "form of agriculture that Borlaug prea
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
Trolly8

Aug-21

I did use that exact analogy? But was using current verbiage to make a point about wars that DO bring about a lasting peace. One side has to loose so decisively that they cease to be a problem. Look up Genghis Con? Rome? Pax Britannia! America saved the world from the Germans, then the Nazis and the Nips, then the Commies, now the Islamic hoard. All failures but two, if we do not fight to win a permanent peace. History shows us that only overwhelming victories bring peace.

Whatever you do, do NOT Google Islamic atrocities! You can not un-see those images.

There are some wars that need winning.

Trolly8

Aug-21

Aug-20

I'm afraid I don't believe you. 

That's OK, I forgive you!

Trolly8

Aug-21

Don't you ever accuse me of "Brutalizing their women"! I dare you to Google / You-tube "Islamic torture and execution" videos! Then you might have the least clue what you rag on about.

Trolly8

Aug-21

You were in their country, brutalising their women, but they're the bad guys?

I'm sorry, but I can't let this go. Read some history. Ethiopia is-was a Coptic Christian Nation. It was being invaded by Islamic fanatics, the ELF, Somalis, Cubans, Sudanese and other Islamo-Fascist-Terrorists! We had been there since WW-II, maybe even before, I can not remember the exact date and everyone was happy until the IFTs showed up.