Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Commonwealth refugees swilling chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The debate on Climate Change   General Confusion

Started 7/18/17 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 73553 views.
BerrySteph

Nov-8

Have emissions fallen since 2005, and are they the lowest they've ever been, as Liberal MP Katie Allen says?

Updated about 6 hours ago

(ABC News: Adam Kennedy)

Katie Allen's first claim is misleading, her second claim is incorrect.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Nov-11

BerrySteph

Nov-11

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

Mayors from fire-ravaged NSW have criticised state and federal political leaders for failing to link deadly bushfires and climate change.

I'm seeing very bad Germany 1933 things coming from the US - for 3 years.

Now I'm seeing it from the UK over the last three months (and getting much more serious in the last 3 weeks, two big cover-ups going on as I've never noticed before).

And it appears that Oz is having bad things happen too.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Nov-12

Opinion

In reply toRe: msg 580
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Nov-12

Opinion

BerrySteph

Nov-12

Fires are now exceeding all known firefighting technologies but what can be done to stop them?

All very well to say:

... establishing green fire breaks that create a mechanically treated bushland barrier between homes and flammable bushland.

Green firebreaks can be of high amenity value, including attractive groves of low flammability trees, irrigated parks and golf courses, community gardens, and so on.

Except of course, all of those need a lot more fresh water.

BerrySteph

Nov-12

Scientists and meteorologists have for years warned of more frequent and extreme bushfires as climate change worsens. Their messages have been met by policy inertia ... Nationals leader Michael McCormack on Monday went so far as to dismiss those who link bushfires to global warming as "raving inner-city lunatics".

You could usefully ridicule and mercilessly lampoon some of these people for the rest of their natural.

If the Morrison Government seriously wanted fewer Australians to experience a bushfire crisis, it would use the current situation to galvanise public sentiment, shift the political agenda, and make meaningful inroads into emissions reduction.

RGoss99

Nov-12

Good point. In our case a strong majority of the left parties, and increased power in the majority right party, I hope wilñ make it easier to get a working coalition as the minority minority parties have been seen as selfish and egotistical, and a tighter right minority party will seem more frightening.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Nov-19

In reply toRe: msg 585
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Nov-25