Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The debate on Climate Change   General Confusion

Started 7/18/17 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 91070 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Dec-26

RRBud said:

The only reason was because electrical power in our area occasionally has failures, usually when a raven or other large bird decides to land on various bits of equipment in the local main sub-station, and takes out expensive and critical equipment.

... So why did you not all get out your guns and shoot any bird you saw?  Cheaper!

And don't forget! Windmills kill birds!  Build the turbines!!!

Image result for trump windmills kill birds meme

Sorry... but it seems some are determined to blame nature for its own death.

But hey, here is a commie/leftie/liberal... whatever... take on some of the economics.

It's from FOUR years ago.  The OBAMA era!  And it is NOT GOOD!

Are you prepared to listen?

It's 20 minutes out of your life.

North Dakota: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO)

North Dakota is known for being polite, but perhaps they've been a little too hospitable to oil companies. Connect with Last Week Tonight online... Subscribe...

Harold27Z

Dec-26

Not even I could rephrase it more eloquently.

The sun itself determines climate change.  Some people imagine solar panels risk depleting the sun's energy.  i found some suspects.

Any CB side-band user knows every 11 years you get optimal sunspot "skip" conditions whereby signals bounce from Europe to Australia and vice-versa.

Using a CB radio on FM, I spoke to a guy 2000 km away.

Circa 1981, pre mobile phones, my CB detected landline conversations from a phone 4km away. A girl did not believe me, So I told her to ring the number and chat him up for a few minutes. Then, she immediately rang my landline to ensure I was not at the other guy's house.  I played back the recording including her own voice.  But I digress for which a sincere apology is due.  As Benny Hill said: "Always be sincere, even if you don't mean it".

Di (amina046)

Dec-26

Horrifying forestfire destroys 245 houses in the tourist town of Valparaiso in Chile.

26. Dezember 2019: Schwere Waldbrände haben in der chilenischen Hafenstadt Valparaíso über Weihnachten rund 245 Häuser zerstört oder teilweise beschädigt.

RRBud

Dec-26

When I lived in the San Francisco Bay Area, I had a nice little 25-foot sailboat.  Had about 4 square meters of solar cells across the cabin top, quite enough to keep the batteries charged as well as run my minimal electronics during the day - - even to run the bilge pump if needed.  And that power kept a small fan going to help remove odors from the head (toilet area.)

I now live in the Southern California desert, and solar runs my place during the typical summer day.  Not so much in winter, when it's often overcast (or raining, as is the case today.)  But in my opinion it's not for exclusive or even primary residential or buisness use, especially not in large urban areas.

My preference - - live lightly upon the land.  Too many people don't.  And there are about 12 x too many people.

Harold27Z

Dec-26

Sooner or later, the forces of communism will say to go off-grid, you must apply for a municipal permit for solar panels to be installed by a clique-approved affirmative agency. Ostensibly this is to ensure health and safety rules which are not enforced in the slum zones.

Thereafter, to punish you for not purchasing municipal supplied electricity, the communists will say you still pay an availability charge.  That equates to driving past 10 petrol stations without purchasing then you must pay them an "availability charge".  You could not make it up.  Nor could I.  Its pure communism enforced by parasites who produce nothing.

• Edited December 26, 2019 7:21 pm  by  Harold27Z
RRBud

Dec-27

Somehow that scenario sounds just altogether too much like the ultimate goal of FAR! too many American Communists for words.

It is our duty to do whatever is necessary to prevent that from happening.  And I doubt I'll live to see it actually come true, and hope it never does - - humanity deserves so much better.

But you are correct that such an evil nightmare is awfully close to what the parasites really want!

Di (amina046)

Dec-27

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

BerrySteph

Jan-5

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

The company warned two employees they could be sacked if they continued to speak publicly about Amazon's environmental policies.

I think Amazon is probably a nasty company that doesn't pay its taxes.

Di (amina046)

Jan-5

I think the “nasties” are the lawmakers who are responsible for the tax laws.