Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The debate on Climate Change   General Confusion

Started 7/18/17 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 91042 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

BerrySteph

Jan-5

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

The company warned two employees they could be sacked if they continued to speak publicly about Amazon's environmental policies.

I think Amazon is probably a nasty company that doesn't pay its taxes.

Di (amina046)

Jan-5

I think the “nasties” are the lawmakers who are responsible for the tax laws.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Oh, no.

Amazon are dicks.

In reply toRe: msg 676
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Piers Morgan and I are on the same side... it's definitely the apocalypse.

BerrySteph

Jan-7

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

Piers Morgan and I are on the same side... it's definitely the apocalypse.

Piers Morgan has been right more often than he's been wrong.

Not mentioned by anyone, your fires are (I think?) sharply increasing the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere.

If I'm right, then we're finally seeing the positive feedback we were warned about, the point at which Climate Catastrophe is inevitable.

And it may be much worse than anything we've been warned of - 15 deg C rise. Enough to kill 3/4 of the world's population (over a century or two?) and potentially stop the Internet.

Raise sea-level 70m. So perhaps more than 3/4 of mankind.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

ElDotardo

Jan-8

Success! Here's what actual lovers of the environment do to help protect it . . .

Save the Redwoods League Logo
We Did It
ElDotardo This is big  one of the biggest accomplishments in the hundred-year history of Save the Redwoods League. On the last day of 2019, we finalized the purchase of Alder Creek, permanently protecting the hundreds of ancient giant sequoia across its spectacular 530 acres. We are all breathing a sigh of relief—thanks to your generous support! The largest privately-owned giant sequoia forest and home to the world’s fifth largest tree is now protected forever.

This wouldn’t have been possible without contributions, large and small, from thousands of people just like you from all 50 states, and from dozens of countries around the world.

The League’s president and CEO Sam Hodder has a special message for you:
Play Video
As we’ve said all along during this incredible four-month-long campaign, this globally unique, stunning landscape should be both protected and open to public enjoyment just like so many redwood parks the League has helped establish over the past century. The League intends to own and manage the property for five to 10 years. During this time, we will restore and steward the forest and create a transformative park experience for all. Our long-term plan is for this stunning property to be owned by the people, permanently protected as part of Giant Sequoia National Monument.

There will be more news to come regarding Alder Creek, so check back on our Alder Creek project page for updates.

Our work is never finished, and the League is moving forward on some more exciting projects over the coming year. We can’t wait to share them with you.

Wishing you a new year full of magic in the forest.

Save the Redwoods League
Watch the Video
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jan-11

You did this?

Are you teasing me to be mean?

Nope, watched the video!

Awww!

Related image

I remember years ago a young, idealistic, girl was raising funds to protect a species from land development.

I asked her how the money would be used, she didn't know and asked another guy who didn't know.

I said, "Why not use the funds to buy the land?"

Her reply (so precious) "Because the land belongs to the Earth, not to people".

I sighed and walked away.

In reply toRe: msg 681
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jan-11