Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The debate on Climate Change   General Confusion

Started 7/18/17 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 100235 views.
In reply toRe: msg 703
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jan-17

The term "global warming" is now not quite so prevalent as it had been a few years ago. The scientists & publishers realized that the term "global warming" by itself did not include the fact of the expected ranges of temperature change being broader than they have been in recent centuries. We shall be having to deal with greater extremes of temperature, both hotter and in some cases and in some regions colder, for short periods, than those to which we've become accustomed.

I'd say abandon them all permanently, never go back, ever, and just let them all kill each other - -

Except they have to fit catalytic converters to their bombs & I.E.D.s - - man do them things pollute !

BerrySteph

Jan-17

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

Adaptation is an essential component of any effective climate change strategy.

That's true - but only as far as it goes.

First of all we were told that 2deg C was the tipping point when there would be explosive release of CO2 - then that figure was lowered to 1.5 deg C.

But here we are at 1.05degC or thereabouts and the goddamn Ozzies have decided to gas off their continent, well knowing what something so reckless will do to the rest of the planet.

BerrySteph

Jan-17

Freewheel (FREEWHEEL2) said:

they have to fit catalytic converters to their bombs & I.E.D.s - - man do them things pollute !

Who, the Zionists who (maybe) were storing explosives in the AMIA building?

Let me be clear - I don't know what happened there, I have only that picture and a rumour (could be from a terrorist sympathiser?) that there was no blown up vehicle outside in the street.

BerrySteph

Jan-17

Freewheel (FREEWHEEL2) said:

The scientists & publishers realized that the term "global warming" by itself did not include the fact of the expected ranges of temperature change being broader than they have been in recent centuries. We shall be having to deal with greater extremes of temperature, both hotter and in some cases and in some regions colder, for short periods, than those to which we've become accustomed.

Elsewhere the dumbos are arguing that, since cold kills many more people (20 times more?) than hot, global warming will save lives.

However, I've challenged that, I'm sure your explanation is much more likely.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jan-18

In the end - the consumer, not the voter, will make the most change.

Opinion

I'll be sharing that one, various places - thanks !
Di (amina046)

Jan-19