Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Bubonic plague   World Wide WTF?

Started 6/11/19 by Johneeo; 4321 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jul-11

OK.

First and foremost, Tucker declares that "nobody believes" that Biden is staying home due to Covid 19.

That's a pretty broad statement to make on behalf of 7 billion people.

He then makes fun of Biden's gaffes, even going so far as to make assumptions about drug use in their "psychedelic quality".

Let's stop there and compare how Trump and Biden handled George Floyd's death.

Trump claimed George Floyd would be happy and smiling down on the world "This is a great day for George Floyd" when job numbers went up.  Biden spoke at George's funeral with much more eloquence. The reason he didn't go in person, is that he actually had the empathy required to know how much his security detail would disrupt the day.

He shows Biden in all his gaffe glory, with no reference to Trump's verbal diarrhoea.

Then we're on to the fear-mongering...

If Biden is elected, progressive leftists will be running the country and all cities will become squalid hellholes.

Like New York City.  New York City is squalid, dangerous, chaotic and unhappy.

I could find 4 conflicting "studies" in one google search that say New York is the unhappiest, AND happiest place in America.

Smile: New York Is One Of Nation's Happiest States, Study Says

New York’s Dour State of Mind

As for the cleanest and dirtiest cities in America, NYC is listed as one of the dirtiest.  Right after Pittsburgh.

The Cleanest (and Dirtiest) Cities in America

The cleanest is Honolulu.  The state of Hawaii is run by Democrats.

Other states that claim the cleanest cities are Colorado, Wisconsin, and New York - which holds Syracuse.  They all have Democrats in charge.

Dangerous!  New York is not Disneyland, but it is WAY further down the list than Missouri - which is run by Republicans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_crime_rate

Chaotic is to vague for me to clarify with a fact check.

Now, Tucker has told you, night after night, that crime is surging in NYC.  Therefore, he is citing his own show and his own opinions as a source.  Not studies, or actual statistics.

The reason, is a change to the bail laws.

Here is where Tucker fails to understand due process.  The "criminals" have not yet had a trial to determine whether they are criminals or not.  But Tucker is positive they are criminals, running around the city committing even MORE crimes than the ones he has decided they are guilty of.

He does this because he cannot possibly imagine being in a situation where he could not afford his own bail.  With a net worth of $20 million, how could he? 

So the idea that an innocent person is incarcerated for the crime of not being able to afford bail is absurd to him.

After all, people are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.  Like Kavanaugh.

So abolishing bail, means criminals are out on the street.  But they are INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY, and therefore NOT criminals.

Democrats want to abolish the suburbs.

Because single family homes are racist.

No, but the "rules" that locked black people out of the housing market certainly were.

Low income, federally subsidised apartments will go up in the suburbs.

Not in TUCKER'S suburb, oh no.  In YOUR suburb.  POOR PEOPLE ARE COMING TO LIVE IN YOUR SUBURB!!!

The evil Democrats want to make housing affordable to all people.

The schools will change!  Of course they will.  Schools are directly funded from property taxes.  The poorer the area, the crappier the school.  That's just how it is... for some reason.

But there's more!

Your children are not safe from Title IX!! 

Girls will be playing more sport!  Schools will have to crack down on sexual harassment and assault!  It's OK to be gay!

"Good luck to your sons".

And fixing the wage gap.

Tucker KNOWS he's not talking to black people, so it's not the government determining if you are being underpaid because of your skin colour - no, the threat is cold, heartless bankers deciding if YOU are being paid too much because you are white.

He cites no specific law, or even suggests the consequences of what would happen if the central bank determines that 6 million a year for a white man to spout bullshit 5 nights a week for one hour is too much.  But enough about Tucker's salary - this is about YOUR salary.  The Democrats are going to cut your salary, right?  Tucker did not actually say that, but You are successfully scared enough by now to connect the dots.

And back to immigration.

Nice little reference to your son kicked out of college under spurious sexual assault charges, who now can't find a job because of all the Mexicans.

And back to DACA.  The evil plan to give those who were born in the US and have known no other home citizenship.

The only reason they would do that is it furthers their nefarious plan to get votes.

Yes, more immigrants are coming.  To kill you, rape you and steal your job.

No wonder you're so terrified.

That is an hour of my life I want back.

Especially given that the "conversation" you wanted to have will likely result in a meme you grabbed from the Big Lebowski.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jul-11

I've had enough Tucker for one day.

Now YOU please watch this?

adwil

Jul-13

Bubonic is still around  but antibiotics work.

The really nasty plagues are  the septicemic and pneumonic plagues, all caused by the same bug yrsinia pestis.. Pneumonic can be survived if antibiotics are given in the first 24 hours. Septicemic is fatal if untreated and even if treated with antibiotics, the death rate is 50%.

Yrsinia pestis was  rumoured to be  a potential bioweapon being developed by both the US and the Russians. 

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jul-14

I spent an hour doing what you asked and analysing Tucker's 6 minute speech, researching and fact checking all of his claims.

The least you could do is read it.

Or, are you taking back your plea for a "conversation"?

That would be disappointing.

Johneeo

Jul-14

>>>>>
The least you could do is read it.
<<<<<

It is with great difficulty that I will address the incredible stupidity of your post.
First, New York City, and just about every major city in the USA has become a godless hellhole.
NYC, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington have all literally become cesspools and completely lawless.
One problem for people like you is that you have no clue as to what is going on, as you rely on media reporting.
In just about every major city, crime is at all time highs.  Especially shootings and murder.

Within less than a year, we have seen an incredible boom in City investing, housing, and business success.  The cities were the places to be,
and the millennials were moving in in droves.  Now those same cities look like Beirut after a good bombing.  Rioting and looting are common place.
Try to do something about it good chance you get killed.  Police?  Abolish them or at least defund them like NYC.  Community Justice leaders will take
over those law enforcement needs.

Those living and working in these cesspools are leaving in droves.  And where are they going?  To the suburbs.
And they bring their ignorance and stupidity with them.  In my County, we have gone from Republican to Democrat,
basically due to the influence, money, and support of one George Soros.  Yes, he was able to get not only the Dems
in charge, but also our District Attorney.  So, yes, I am living it.  I see the results.

Our laws are now used to protect the guilty and suppress law abiding citizens.  Protect yourself from a mob that threatens
to kill you and your family, and it is you that has your guns confiscated and charged with crimes. 

I could go on, but it gets all so tiresome addressing the deranged lunacy of the left.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jul-15

It is disappointing that you have to immediately resort to insult.

Perhaps you would not feel it necessary to blindly lash out if you had a coherent argument.

You could not even refute a single point I made, let alone provide a cited and sourced one of your own.

All I saw was fear and rage.

I'm sorry I had to inform you that the nice man on TV who tells you what to think is wrong.

Did you at least watch the show about mail in ballots?

If you get one, you won't have to brave the bombed out streets of your suburb, currently on fire from all the looting.

Johneeo

Jul-15

>>>>
First and foremost, Tucker declares that "nobody believes" that Biden is staying home due to Covid 19.
<<<<

Ok.  I will give you that one.  Only idiots would believe that, so, a number of us sane people can see that Joe Biden has always suffered from advanced stupidity, and now it looks like dementia has taken control.

>>>>He then makes fun of Biden's gaffes, even going so far as to make assumptions about drug use in their "psychedelic quality"
<<<<.

A little bit of satire, maybe even humor.  I can see your conclusion though, as liberals lack the sense of humor.

>>>>
Then we're on to the fear-mongering.
<<<<

I addressed this in a previous post.  Literally all of our cities have become lawless hell holes.
Crime, shootings and murders have hit stratospheric heights, with no possibilities of abatement.  Well, maybe when everyone is dead or abandoned their cities we have some hope.

>>>>
Now, Tucker has told you, night after night, that crime is surging in NYC.  Therefore, he is citing his own show and his own opinions as a source.  Not studies, or actual statistics.
<<<<

A very simple google search will provide you with tons of articles on spiraling statistics.  Just one here.  Crime is destroying just about every major city in the USA.

>>>>
The reason, is a change to the bail laws.
So abolishing bail, means criminals are out on the street.  But they are INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY, and therefore NOT criminals.
<<<<

The above is so incredibly moronic I find it hard to discuss.  Anyone that could think like that is beyond reasonable discussion.  Terrorists set off bombs at the Boston marathon killing people.  They get arrested, but, they must be released because they are “INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY”.  Enough.

>>>>
It is disappointing that you have to immediately resort to insult.
<<<<<

Well, I find the positions of the left way beyond insulting, but an assault on human decency.  Protect criminals, encourage racial hatred, protests, rioting, and looting.  And how about violence.  How many attacks have been made by leftists on decent citizens just because of support for Trump?  Just about a regularity, every day.  OTOH, attacks on liberals is just about non-existent. 

What I find disappointing is the deranged lunacy of the left, and worse, those that come to their defense and support them.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jul-16

Thank you.  Now we're having a conversation.

Johneeo said:

a number of us sane people can see that Joe Biden has always suffered from advanced stupidity, and now it looks like dementia has taken control.

Biden was the WORST choice... after the crazy space lady.  After the clown car had cleared out (try saying that ten times fast), he was still in it.  He shouldn't have been.

They chose a moderate, despite the fact that moderates NEVER win.

A vote for Bernie would have been a vote FOR Bernie.  A vote for Biden is a vote for anyone but Trump.  No one is rallying behind that campaign.

The 2020 election is the Democrats to lose and they deserve to lose it with this colossally stupid decision.

I agree that Biden should take the same cognitive test that Trump had to take.  If he cannot ace it, everyone NEEDS to know now, before it is too late.

Now, on to crime in American cities.

You cited one source that said crime rates have soared during the pandemic.

Here are some others:

Crime drops around the world as COVID-19 keeps people inside - AP

Crime Rates Across U.S. Drop Amid The Coronavirus Pandemic - Forbes

Amid pandemic, crime dropped in many U.S. cities, but not all - WP

A Pandemic Bright Spot: In Many Places, Less Crime - NYT

The most important link, however, is this one:

How to find and interpret crime data during the coronavirus pandemic: 5 tips - PPI

1. The types of crimes, and targets of crimes, are changing during the pandemic

Among the crime trends observed during this pandemic are changes in the types of crimes and sites of crimes. Notably, violent crime has dropped, and burglaries have shifted away from home break-ins to target closed businesses instead.

2. Changes in policing will mean fewer arrests and lower crime rates

It’s important to remember that official crime data comes from law enforcement agencies, so it is a record of crimes reported to, or by, police. Therefore, as police practices change, so do crime statistics.

3. People may be less likely to report crimes, which will also lower crime rates

Not all crimes are reported to police by civilians, even under normal circumstances. The Bureau of Justice Statistics estimates that in 2018, less than half (43%) of violent crime victimizations were reported to police, and an even smaller share (34%) of property crime victimizations were reported. Now that people are avoiding in-person contact for fear of contracting or spreading the coronavirus – even avoiding hospitals when they need them – it’s very likely that even fewer crimes are being reported to police. Victims of rape and sexual assault (crimes that are always underreported) may be even less likely to go to the police and undergo forensic medical exams. And given the heightened risk of infection in prisons and jails, victims of intimate partner violence or other domestic abuse may be even more reluctant to seek police intervention, which is likely to result in an arrest of at least one person, if not both.

(My part)  Domestic violence has risen sharply, due to the lockdown.  Hate crimes are up at the moment, but terrorist attacks are down.  Swings and roundabouts.

4. Local crime trends may vary a lot and appear dramatic

One reason that crime trends appear more exaggerated at the local level is that when the number of crimes is small enough, even relatively small changes are noticeable in the data. For example, as Bloomberg reported, the number of homicides in Austin was up 25% compared to the same time last year – but this was because of one additional homicide, taking the total count from 4 to 5. So it’s important to look critically at trends described in “percent change” terms, to consider how much actual change it reflects.

5. Where to find local crime data, and what questions to ask about it

• What exactly is being measured? Is it arrests, crimes reported to police, all incidents known to police, calls for service, or something else? Are traffic violations or other low-level offenses included?
  • What does the baseline – or historical data – look like? What were crime rates (or counts) at the same time last year, and in the years before? Arrests are more common at certain times of the year (i.e. summer), so comparing similar time frames will help narrow down factors that might affect changes in the data. And remember that “percent change” can look very dramatic when you’re starting with a small baseline amount of crime (such as homicides).
  • If crime has increased, what kinds of crimes have gone up? Noticing that crime rates overall have gone up is not necessarily reason to sound the alarms; this may reflect an increase in non-violent property offenses among people desperate for money in an economic crisis, or problems with substance abuse among people who are experiencing extreme distress. On the other hand, some upticks in reported crime may deserve more attention right now, such as an increase in domestic violence or online scams.
  • How have local routines changed, and could that affect crime patterns? Are most people staying home? Are businesses downtown closed? Are people leaving cars
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
PTG (anotherPTG)

Jul-16

You HAVE done your homework!

How many hours are in your daily clock?

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jul-16

That took less than one.

Unemployed librarian - I know how to research.